player at Finnish International

Discussion in 'Thomas Laybourn Forum' started by reaper, Jan 5, 2004.

1. reaper

reaper Regular Member

Retired badminton player, LOL =P PRE-MED STUDENT (
    Hi Thomas

I recently played the 2004 Toronto Open and in Men's Doubles in the second round, I played someone named Pascal Gagnon on the Canadian team. I got beaten close to senseless in the match, LOL .....

But I looked up his IBF profile on worldbadminton.net and I found out that he has played you twice in Men's Doubles and Mixed Doubles, both at the Finnish International. I found that kinda cool, that I played someone in competition that you have played before on the international circuit.

Do you remember him?

Reaper

2. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hi Reaper

Yeah thats actually kind a funny that we played the same guy, just too bad that you lost. I must say that i don´t remember him, but its always dificult to remember everybody you play and specially when its not a player i´ve heard about since.

But actually Finnish international were a good tournament for me, i won the tournament in Mixdoubles and came in second in mensdoubles with a new partner.

Thomas

3. reaper

reaper Regular Member

Retired badminton player, LOL =P PRE-MED STUDENT (
    Hi Thomas

Well, Gagnon is one of our country's top doubles players and a member of the adult national team, and I was playing with a new partner so it is not surprising that we lost.

Have you played any other players on the Canadian National Badminton Team before?

Reaper