Do you think that I could notice a big improvement in my control if...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tropicalmouse, Jan 5, 2004.

1. tropicalmouse

tropicalmouse Regular Member

Student
    I switch to an isometric racquet?

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Not much if you don't have a good basic. Generally, switching to Isos will make your shots easier.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Agree with Cappy.

Iso rackets have large sweet spot, which make shots easier (less off-center hit). However, the racket does not hit the shuttle by itself, it's the player's skill to determine the result.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You will get better chance hitting the shuttle for sure since the frame is bigger.
    The question is, where will your shots land? :D

5. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Best thing to do for help is to find a reliable coach, even if you don't want to spend a lot of money you could start off with a session and find out what to work on and then go and work on it, when you feel you have improved go back and get more to work on.

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    If you're on a tight budget, stick with your CAB 7000. It's oval but the shaft/ frame flex suits your level. You will need longer time to adapt to it than if you have an isometric racquet, but I think the reward will be greater. Once you get used to the smaller sweetspot, you can hit accurately with any racquet.

Badminton skill, as most on this forum will concur, remains the main focus. You gotta be patient and diligent to get better. Just finding time and place to practice your footwork helps even if you can't afford personal coaching. You need guidance? Observe good players, check out the forum, read up on relevent discussions and be critical (not necessarily negative) of every advice you take. It may not be as good as having a coach by your side, it's cheaper and way better than going at it alone in the dark.

For the self- taught, it doesn't mean that it's impossible to get good. It just means a tougher uphill battle ahead:).

7. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    One warning, once you switch to ISO, it may be hard to switch back Ovals. I have been using the Ti-10 for seven months now and I simply CANNOT switch back to ovals; fails miserably.

(not sure why the warning, but heck...)