User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    I couldn't believe my eyes!!! adidas, victor and Li Ning are all sponsors of the event!!!
    Yup, all three are there except Yonex but where are the "big" players?
    Adidas & Victor have the advertising boards while Li Ning was at the court surface.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To clarify myself further, let me add that I've always believed that world class professional players who train 7-8 hours six days a week should be able to handle even 5 consecutive days of 1 to 1.5 hr of tough matches although training and competition make different demands.

But, clearly, this 11-day CNG followed by the 5-6 day CM is a special,unusual,abnormal, exceptional case; hence it deserves our sympathetic understanding for the players concerned, that's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The absence, or whatever you might want to call it, of two-time reigning champion Chen Long makes the MS very interesting indeed...
    Hoping Tago wins his first Super Series, if things go as I think they will the biggest test will come in the Semis with Shon Wan Ho.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Adidas & Victor have the advertising boards while Li Ning was at the court surface.
    How interesting! Was Lining only on the court surface? If Lining had dropped out, I imagine the court still needs to be used for games and Adidas doesn't make badminton courts.

But the fact that Victor was present is puzzling indeed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dieter_spath View Post
    you do not know the meaning of the Chinese National Games for all CHN players (including all sports).
    btw, the badminton players have to show in the China Master only because those sponsors force them to do so.
    yeah,with the expense of ticket holder?

Quote Originally Posted by sophony View Post
    After Wang Yihan withdraw, China SS has only world no.1 LXR left.

No Ratchanok (2), Schenk (3), Saina (4), and Yihan (5) present in this tournament. A bit surprise considering this is SS tournament.
    now u know why this is the last edition? even worst than india SS

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    after adidas saw this kind of
    a: oh!almost the whole world is not coming
    b: oh! the XXX is more important than even a WC,so no need to bother about this SS
    conclusion: we will never sponsor badminton tournament again,anyhow,we understand why badminton will never make it as big as tennis

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    after adidas saw this kind of
    a: oh!almost the whole world is not coming
    b: oh! the XXX is more important than even a WC,so no need to bother about this SS
    conclusion: we will never sponsor badminton tournament again,anyhow,we understand why badminton will never make it as big as tennis
    adidas has deep pockets!!!

has anyone seen adidas and nike sponsoring the same event before?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The financial model could be different.

Naming rights to the competition doesn't give exclusivity of the brand.

Exclusive brand exposure for equipment may need another extra amount of money. I guess we will never really know.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The financial model could be different.

Naming rights to the competition doesn't give exclusivity of the brand.

Exclusive brand exposure for equipment may need another extra amount of money. I guess we will never really know.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adidas is using this last and final edition of the CHN Masters as a springboard to the China market for many sports apparel and equipment, not just for badminton. Adidas must have done their homework before going in, I'm sure they are fully aware of what the CHN Masters sponsorship can do for them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WD Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei had to withdraw because of Cheng Shu's injury incurred yesterday at the CNG WD final where she twisted her leg and injuring her knee.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    adidas has deep pockets!!!

has anyone seen adidas and nike sponsoring the same event before?
    deep pocket and the return of investment is different thing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Thurs R2, both DuPY and Chen Yuekun have to play two matches each should they beat their respective R1 opponents, Sakai and Ajay, followed by Guo Kai and Momota respectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    To clarify myself further, let me add that I've always believed that world class professional players who train 7-8 hours six days a week should be able to handle even 5 consecutive days of 1 to 1.5 hr of tough matches although training and competition make different demands.

But, clearly, this 11-day CNG followed by the 5-6 day CM is a special,unusual,abnormal, exceptional case; hence it deserves our sympathetic understanding for the players concerned, that's all.
    Sure I understand if they want to skip the tournament. I am not criticizing those who are not participating but I criticize those who sign up and don't turn up and using excuse for tight schedule. Again you know your schedule before hand why did you sign up ? whoever signed up for them, they should said no to them. I am not talking about any particular country but in general to everyone. Responsibility and accountability of you action for signing up, if you down turn up please give explanation. This is normal at your work and my work right. If you and me don't turn up work, would we have to report?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with badminton (esp for teams like CHN and KOR) is that is the National Association who register the players to participate in a particular event.

Not to mention, if you withdrew your participation after the deadline for withdrawal, you could be fined (in particular for SS and SSP events). I am not surprised if most of the players who withdrew eventually show up in Changzhou so as to avoid the fines (and cite injury for their withdrawal).

I believe Saina Nehwal did it once when she showed up for the event, despite having withdrawn due to injury.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me cite a few rules from the BWF statutes:
    Late Withdrawal - withdrawal from either the qualifying or the main draw after publication of the draw without evidence of proof or "bona fide" injury, illness, bereavement or other emergency situation.

First incidence: US$250
    and every subsequent incidence: US$500

Early departure from tournaments - Making travel arrangements which would preclude the player from participation in scheduled matches

Penalty: same as above

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine if you have 20 players withdrawing and having to pay fines of US$250....it's US$5000....not a big sum for the national association but that that money can be used to send young players into tourneys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    The problem with badminton (esp for teams like CHN and KOR) is that is the National Association who register the players to participate in a particular event.

Not to mention, if you withdrew your participation after the deadline for withdrawal, you could be fined (in particular for SS and SSP events). I am not surprised if most of the players who withdrew eventually show up in Changzhou so as to avoid the fines (and cite injury for their withdrawal).

I believe Saina Nehwal did it once when she showed up for the event, despite having withdrawn due to injury.
    For Badminton to succeed, we all have to think globally as badminton community not just individual country. We are beyond nationalistic mentality, professionalism to provide entertainment is the set of mind we should all to adopt.
    National association have to act responsibly. Blaming BWF is cheap and childish. BWF is created by us and run by people like us who care about badminton. We all have to contribute in our own capacity. Any system will work only if the stake holder want to make it work.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast