User Tag List

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 528 to 544 of 546
  1. #528
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Thais have to build on the mental strength of their charges as they can play well in one game, fluff in another and then inevitably lose a match. Porntip Buranaprasertsuk played like a novice in her first game against Liu Xin in the final losing 4-21, won the second at 21-13 and lost the rubber 12-21. Shon Wan Ho played one match too many and lost to WZM with the respectable score of 21-11, 14-21, 22-24. In the last 14 days, he played 12 matches and it was obviously difficult for the body to cope. However, he is the player to watch and it would not be any surprise if he was to move up to the top 10 ranking. WZM finally landed his maiden SS tournament title and that should break the ice for him.
    Last edited by skchen; 09-15-2013 at 08:32 AM.

  2. #529
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    870
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Phew !!, fortunately CHN took 4 titles, otherwise some people will blame it the CNG.
    Phew!! Fortunately there was CNG, otherwise people will complain again if CHN can made clean sweep in this China master SS.

  3. #530
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eager to see how WZM, JOJ, and SWH will perform in the next few tournaments. The two matches, WZM V JOJ and WZM V SWH were truly exciting and the results are not telling me which one of the 3 are better. As for WZM, I believe he will move up to number 2 within the Chinese squad after CL. As for JOJ and SWH, I wish they will become stronger and a factor in future MS.

  4. #531
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    King William Road
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MHHung View Post
    I have the feeling that there are some mean person here.

    Not only mean but also endowed with a special kind of Ah Q mentality that the great Lu Xun would have found it difficult to envisage.

  5. #532
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,345
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbgoh288 View Post
    Not only mean but also endowed with a special kind of Ah Q mentality that the great Lu Xun would have found it difficult to envisage.
    You put it so beautifully, Lu Xun being one of my favourite Chinese writers.

  6. #533
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    King William Road
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just went through the results of the Malaysian May Bank International U 19 championship. There were walkovers in two all-Korean doubles finals. One of the boys involved who was down to play in the first doubles match of the day went on to clinch the boy's single title beating Malaysia's STZ in the process
    All hell would have broken through in this forum if the walkovers involved Chinese players.
    Here is the link. http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...C-6C0D0877D74F
    Last edited by tbgoh288; 09-15-2013 at 01:59 PM.

  7. #534
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    Eager to see how WZM, JOJ, and SWH will perform in the next few tournaments. The two matches, WZM V JOJ and WZM V SWH were truly exciting and the results are not telling me which one of the 3 are better. As for WZM, I believe he will move up to number 2 within the Chinese squad after CL. As for JOJ and SWH, I wish they will become stronger and a factor in future MS.
    I am more interested in Lin Dan, compete again in the international tournaments, if he could. IMHO, LD is still the number 1 for Chinese squad.

  8. #535
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    with ZN/ZYL win today, china has won all the xd titles of China Masters...impressive
    amazing. really unrivalled achievement

  9. #536
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Yup, particularly MS match, similar case with semifinal JOJ v Wang ZM, the organizer should put Wang ZM v Son WH as the last match.
    great comeback from WZM. even for twice

  10. #537
    Regular Member kelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Parmir Mountains, Silk Road
    Posts
    2,953
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink Maybank Malaysia International Youth U19 Badminton Championships 2013: 10~15 Sep 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by tbgoh288 View Post
    Just went through the results of the Malaysian May Bank International U 19 championship. There were walkovers in two all-Korean doubles finals. One of the boys involved who was down to play in the first doubles match of the day went on to clinch the boy's single title beating Malaysia's STZ in the process
    All hell would have broken through in this forum if the walkovers involved Chinese players.
    Here is the link. http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...C-6C0D0877D74F

    Maybank Malaysia International Youth U19 Badminton Championships 2013


    Last updated: Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:29 PM
    Badminton Association of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia




    Time Draw Score Duration
    Stadium Juara - ct1
    1. Starting at 12:00 PM XD - Walkover
    2. Followed by WS - 21-8 10-21 22-20 0:52
    3. Followed by MD - 21-17 21-19 0:33
    4. Followed by WD - Walkover
    5. Followed by MS - 13-21 21-19 21-14 0:56


    Face it! The Korean move is quite understandable although it won't pass the "sportiveness litmus test" impeccably.

    And to not be a hypocrite, I gonna say that if I were the Korean Team Manager, I would have done the same arrangement precisely.


    Btw the Korean Team dominated the finals, put 7 finalists, bagged 4 trophies, just HE Bingjiao stood in their ways there to deny the cleansweep in a close match.

  11. #538
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is the last edition of China Masters. out of 45 titles available, China won 37 titles. ROW only win 7 titles from 9 editions. not even 1 title / edition. what a surprise.

  12. #539
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    this is the last edition of China Masters. out of 45 titles available, China won 37 titles. ROW only win 7 titles from 9 editions. not even 1 title / edition. what a surprise.
    Edit : it should be 38 titles won by china

  13. #540
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Happy land
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    this is the last edition of China Masters. out of 45 titles available, China won 37 titles. ROW only win 7 titles from 9 editions. not even 1 title / edition. what a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    Edit : it should be 38 titles won by china
    Hey, May someone accuse you of increasing post count disguisedly!

  14. #541
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,573
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    this is the last edition of China Masters. out of 45 titles available, China won 37 titles. ROW only win 7 titles from 9 editions. not even 1 title / edition. what a surprise.
    The last edition China Masters for SS level, next year China Masters will be back with new status GP Gold (scheduled 15-20 April 2014) : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/tourname....aspx?id=19437

  15. #542
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,786
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    The last edition China Masters for SS level, next year China Masters will be back with new status GP Gold (scheduled 15-20 April 2014) : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/tourname....aspx?id=19437
    They moved it to April. That's a good decision. 5 to 6 months of rest between two major China's tournament is a good thing.

  16. #543
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    I am more interested in Lin Dan, compete again in the international tournaments, if he could. IMHO, LD is still the number 1 for Chinese squad.
    If you want to talk about LD, there is nothing more to talk about. LD will be no 1 in any team and he will win every major event if he want to. He and LCW are at least one level about the rest of the MS. Base on the assumption that he will retire from competing regularly, therefore I don't think we should drag him into future discussion. At this very moment, LD will beat all MS players in this planet if he wants to.

  17. #544
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    The last edition China Masters for SS level, next year China Masters will be back with new status GP Gold (scheduled 15-20 April 2014) : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/tourname....aspx?id=19437
    If the top Chinese players continue to participate it will be the best GP level tournament available. Hopefully players from other nations will still participate, and not act like "it's not worth it to try to beat the Chinese on home court if you "only" get GP Gold points". Otherwise it may become the by far hardest up-and coming player testing ground or something.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •