Light and Stiff Shaft

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bionkyturtle, Sep 9, 2013.

1. bionkyturtle

bionkyturtle Regular Member

Hi, I am currently using Li-Ning G-Force Pro 2000. I don't really have lots of knowledge on rackets but I bought this racket because it was light and balanced to me. Have been using it for about a year and I love it.

However, I noticed that my smashes lack power. I decided its time to buy a 2nd racket and I am still looking for a similarly light or lighter racket. I am particularly interested in this model Li-Ning G-Force 350 which is under the category of 'super-light'. I am not sure about whether this racket will be a little better for smashing compared to the current one I am using.

These are the specs I found online. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    Li-Ning G-Force Pro 2000
    Weight: 83g
    Balance: Head Heavy
    Flex:
    Above medium
    Tension: 26lbs
    Material: Carbon Fibre
    Technology: Dynamic-Optimum Frame, Aerotec Beam System and High tensile Slim Shaft

[​IMG]
    Li-Ning G-Force 350
    Weight: 75g
    Flex: Soft
    Tension: 26lbs
    Material: Carbon Fibre
    Technology: Dynamic-Optimum Frame, Aerotec Beam System and High tensile Slim Shaft

2. wong_yhan

wong_yhan Regular Member

enigneer
    Li-Ning G-Force 350

Li-Ning G-Force 350 good for doubles, fast and good defense. for smashing Li-Ning G-Force Pro 2000 still better. since you love the old one, why look for new one??? less weight need
    more effort to smash....

3. bionkyturtle

Thanks for replying!

When I use Li-Ning G-Force Pro 2000, I feel that the smashing isnt powerful enough. Basically I am searching for one that can aid in smashing and maintain the light weight then I am using now. Do you have any recommendations? Budget would be about $120.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If I were you, I would first try some different strings and tension and 12 yours of training, some weight training for shoulder and underarm and 4 sets of 30 crunches or situps for the lateral stomach muscles every day. It's harder work than buying a new toy, but this is the key to get stronger and powerful smashs.

5. wong_yhan

wong_yhan Regular Member

enigneer
    no rackets can give you powerful smashing..... spend more time on your existing racket and improve smashing technique.... footwork... a friend of mine using the same racket with powerful smash!! new toy don,t work that way...

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    lighter racket will not gonna produce stronger smash compared to the heavy one
    your current one looks good enough, but if you want a better racket, go for another head heavy racket (but don't expect it to be easy to move around)
    and don't go for flexible (since you current racket is medium stiff) their whipping effect might not be suitable with your swinging speed

7. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Li-ning TP-100C is affordable and a really great racket. You can order in 4U. BP will be somewhere around 305mm and it is a stiff racket.

8. bionkyturtle

Thanks! And it looks really nice!!

9. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

no problem!

By the way, the bp also depends on your grip. I like to make a big bulge at the end of the handle so the BP on mine ends up at 300mm.

10. bionkyturtle

I got Aeroflo 96 Edition. Its definitely heavier than Pro 2000. Although movement is slower but I can feel the difference in power when smashing.

Thanks guys for your inputs!