User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    but i think the system allowed for scartch pair and BWF are quite flexible in this stuffs
    but if they strike out the points from the banned pairs Korea wouldn't have enough points to qualify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who understand Chinese, there's a interview with Cai/Fu here in which they talk about the anti-doping tests, starts at about 23:20.

A brief translation: The top 10 players are on 24h standby for tests. They'll normally fill in two addresses (home and training centre) for when they're in Beijing with the national team. If the anti-doping people come calling, you must be at either address within one hour, or it is regarded as a violation (even if your result is shown to be negative afterwards). Doesn't matter if you're out having a meal and there's a traffic jam or even if you're holding your wedding. Three violations within 18 (not 12, apparently) months and you can be sanctioned.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    For those who understand Chinese, there's a interview with Cai/Fu here in which they talk about the anti-doping tests, starts at about 23:20.

A brief translation: The top 10 players are on 24h standby for tests. They'll normally fill in two addresses (home and training centre) for when they're in Beijing with the national team. If the anti-doping people come calling, you must be at either address within one hour, or it is regarded as a violation (even if your result is shown to be negative afterwards). Doesn't matter if you're out having a meal and there's a traffic jam or even if you're holding your wedding. Three violations within 18 (not 12, apparently) months and you can be sanctioned.
    thanks for the info.
    it's quite tough, I'll be struggling to get to any of the 2 named places within an hour on a random day!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ seriously, that is draconian. must be since post lance armstrong... I suppose bwf just wants to make an example of them... sigh

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I believe this is nonsense. It's good that the anti-doping rules are followed strictly and that there is a clear effort to keep the sport clean, but the rules are too restrictive. Also, an athlete missing a test due to bureaucratic mistakes is another thing entirely than one testing positive. Banning the two for a year is too much in my eyes - it takes away a huge chunk of their career and they probably didn't do anything wrong intentionally. I find it ridiculous that individual athletes can be held responsible for their ntl association's shortcomings...
    Also, if they didn't show up for one test because they weren't in the country, maybe they should be able to organise a test for the next day at the tournament they're at? There are few substances that aren't indicated after 24 hours, so it shouldn't give them much of an advantage, also they probably took loads of tests during all the tournaments they played and never had a suspicious result....
    Hopefully they can get things sorted out at the appeal, at least reduce their ban by half or sth

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Interestingly you're both assumed the players are innocent.
    Surely they must had a warning after the first missed test, then another one for the second test and they still failed to inform the testers of there whereabouts.

Wouldnt that be possible that they have something to hide for missing three tests?

If you know you're going to get caught why just hiding out and take a chance.
    1 or 2 years is better than a life time ban if get caught, isnt it?
    Read back my post and you will know I was actually saying that both the KBA and the players should have a fair share of blame. Yes, to have miss 3 times is actually not acceptable. Not once, not twice, but thrice. Even though a player insists that he/she did not take any banned substance/drugs, missing doping tests for at least 3 times is absolutely not acceptable and IMO, it do actually raise suspicion though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some pictures and handout from the press conference held earlier. Anyone who are fluent and know korean well, please translate if you can.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ seriously, that is draconian. must be since post lance armstrong... I suppose bwf just wants to make an example of them... sigh
    lance did a 'grea' job with the drugs... its olympic council decision,

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim is ban, his partner Kim Sa Rang escape, lucky he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... this 1 year ban could destroy his career. 1 year hiatus from international tournaments could seriously set himself back from his competitors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a catastrophe for Korea Badminton, MD category, the suspended players, their partners, etc. Sad.
    If only BKA is guilty for this incident, the sanctions are way to harsh for the players imho. Still it's unbelievable how careless the association acted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failures
    Kim Jung-soo, executive director of Korean badminton, told a news conference later on Tuesday that the two players would never intentionally miss doping tests.

When the WADA inspectors visited the Taeneung National Training Centre in March and November last year, Lee and Kim were not there as they were participating in local and international competitions, Kim said.

We failed to submit a whereabouts report online last September as well.

Kim and Lee have never used banned substances and did not reject or intentionally avoid testing.

They have participated in a number of international competitions and passed all the tests every time.

It is hard to understand that they are punished just because they were not present when the inspectors came to check their whereabouts without prior notice.

Kim said the association would aggressively appeal the case to seek a reduction in the bans to three-six months from one year so the players Kim could compete in the Sept. 19 to Oct. 4 Asian Games on home soil

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a shame. Just a few months from Asian Games to be held in Korea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with cellphone, everyone can be reached at fingertips, I don't believe the story of miscommunications.

except for non-disturbance vacations in a reclusive island, every player has to provide dynamic exact location to the inspector to come at any time. I didn't see any excuse for that, especially when those players were with their teams at those 3 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lesson for all. What goes around, comes around.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    with cellphone, everyone can be reached at fingertips, I don't believe the story of miscommunications.

except for non-disturbance vacations in a reclusive island, every player has to provide dynamic exact location to the inspector to come at any time. I didn't see any excuse for that, especially when those players were with their teams at those 3 times.
    They weren't necessarily with their regular Ntl team partners - they play in the Ntl league as well and do quite a few exhibitions too. I wouldn't be surprised if the BKA's story was actually true - especially since they were tested numerous times without any hint of substance abuse. Anyhow, let's be patient and see how this plays out. Perhaps we'll be lucky enough to see a few other combinations for the time they're banned, and perhaps with some success...Sa Rang would probably do well with SBC or KSH, given how quickly and aggressively he can move towards the net. Still, I wouldn't regard a 1-year-ban as a fair punishment, not when Budiarto was banned only 2 years for actually doping....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG!! This is shocking!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast