Recommendations for rackets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Chia, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    I am looking for something not overly expensive. Preferably non-yonex, however i wouldnt mind a racket that looks like one.

I am gonna play doubles this year, and is looking for some more power. I want something from balanced to head-heavy.

I am thinking the babolat satelite comet, but i want to give other brands a try. What are some good brands and rackets that you guys would recommend. These rackets would have to be easily accessable in asia, because my mom is gonna go there to visit.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    For the non-Yonex in you...:D

How about SOTX "guaranteed 30lbs max. tension or your money back" racquets:D? The top end Winex Mighty Muscle series (100 and 200) are also good economic alternatives to Yonex MP100s if you're looking into doubles' racquets.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  4. Smashguy

Smashguy Regular Member

Lazybuddy,

Since you are strongly recommend 8080+, is it good in clearing and the 'pop' sound good or not?

Which Yonex string should be strung with 8080+?

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The only string I tried on my 8080+ is Winex Ti80. I was told it's compatable to Yonex bg65Ti. I've only tried 65Ti on other rackets before, so, can't make a very detail comparison between these 2 strings.

I strung 8080+ @ 24 lb (23*25), and the clear is good. I don't have too much problem clear baseline to baseline, if I am not deadly tired or mis-hit. Due to the Ti features of the string, the "pop" sound was loud, especially when it was freshly strung, but I don't use it as the indicator of how good the "combo" is.

6. Pointfore.Ca

Pointfore.Ca Regular Member

Equipment Reseller
    You might want to have a look at www.tangentsports.com as well since they are based in Alberta. They have some Karakal and Winex racquets.