Li-ning Bangkok?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Khon_Nan, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Khon_Nan

Khon_Nan Regular Member

Im on vacation in THAILAND, and would love to do some badminton shopping. Me and my friend have been around in some stores, but only a small selection of yonex, carlton etc have been found. Anybody know where to find Li-Ning? Staying in Bangkok and Hua Hin.

Jimmy

2. swunk

swunk Regular Member

it'll be difficult. Better order from MBS when you get home.

3. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

The department store at Siam Paragon carries Li-Ning, but they're very expensive there, over 12,000 Baht for a Li-Ning N90II or N90. I was at the FBT Sports Complex on Ramkhamhaeng the other day and they were discounting many Li-Ning racquets, but the selection wasn't real good, they do carry just about every brand you can think of, probably the largest selection of rackets I've seen in Bangkok.
    http://www.fbtsports.com/en/contact_us/location.php

You might also try the many shops near National Stadium/ MBK Mall, on Soi Chulalongkorn 5. I haven't been there in a while, so I'm not sure what they carry these days. They often have good prices and a pretty good selection. There's also the Yonex shop at the Central World Plaza Mall, they have a two-tiered pricing policy there, but if you offer cash, you might be able to get the Thai price, I have before.

Also, Super Sports stores have a good selection of racquets and pretty good prices when there's a promotion, no Li-Ning though.

For Li-Ning, as swunk said, MBS may be the way to go. I travel to Hong Kong a couple of times a year and I get much better prices for Li-Ning racquets there than I do in Bangkok.

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

While on Bangkok's topic, does anyone know where i can buy Victor racket (The Legend first generation, red-colored.. NOT the gold-colored) in Bangkok? I've looked every single shops nearby National Stadium, sport shop in each mall, but none of them sell The Legend (mostly BS,SW,Meteor, etc and only in 4U version!)

5. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

What about shops like first sports or badmintonplaza? I'm currently looking for new gear and prices for Li Ning are quite appealing at badmintonplaza.

Any1 got experience with those shops?

6. Khon_Nan

Khon_Nan Regular Member

Thanks for the replies. We found a shop with a very nice selection of li ni g and kason equipment. They had all the new versions. Located at sukhumvit between soi 103 and 103/1 , the store is called N&K. Prices where comparable with online prices in Europe, but when on vacation money is always a little loose. So got myself a new racket new shoes and some clothing.

7. swunk

swunk Regular Member

what were the prices in the shop? just out of curiosity.

8. Khon_Nan

Khon_Nan Regular Member

I payed 4500 baht for the white n90 -1, 510 for shirts. 4800 for n55-3. 750for 10 pair of socks ( steal compared to eu ). However it was all discounted prices, and some bargaining. Oh and of course the rackets included stringing, you guys are getting spoilt in asia.

9. swunk

swunk Regular Member

the prices sound unbelievable... who would give a discount on an n55-III which just came out? and RRP on it is RMB1880 which is around 9600 baht. On MBS it's sold at 221$ which is around 7000 baht. So if you can make some photos of the racket, it'd be interesting to see if it's a fake one.

10. Khon_Nan

Khon_Nan Regular Member

IMG_5182.jpg IMG_5183.jpg IMG_5184.jpg IMG_5188.jpg IMG_5192.jpg IMG_5193.jpg IMG_5194.jpg IMG_5195.jpg . Not the best pictures, hope they will do.

11. swunk

swunk Regular Member

hmm it looks quite identical to mine (which i got from mbs). so i guess it is real. congrats then, can't believe in such a bargain )

12. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Is the shop near Udom Suk BTS train station?

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    My friend has also bought stuff for me from MyBadLookBad.

ร้านไม้แบดลูกแบด (Mybadlookbad Shop)
    is located at
    83/26 Soi Sukhumvit54, Bangjark Phrakanong, Bangkok 10260, Thailand
    . You can contact ร้านไม้แบดลูกแบด (Mybadlookbad Shop) with telephone number
    +66 81 488 7477
    or visit their website at
    http://bensenithailand.com

14. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

Thanks for the info Khon-Nan, i live here and have never heard of the shop. I will be checking it out.
    [MENTION=7140]Sealman[/MENTION], Udom Suk is the nearest BTS stop to Soi 103/Soi 103/1.

15. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Oh I wasn't aware you were staying in the vicinity :) There are many nice restaurants and street food stalls in Udom Suk and its a short cab ride to my favourite mall Mega Bangna :D

16. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Anyone else have any experience with Badmintonplaza?

17. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

While on Bangkok topic, here are the top-2 online shopping for badminton in Bangkok. They are 100% trustworthy, cheaper than any malls/walk-in shops i checked in Bangkok, great ranges of rackets, & i've been buying racket, accessories, strings, etc from them for some time now. (EMS Thailand, not sure if the shipping abroad).

http://www.sportgallerys.com/

http://www.mrc-sports.com/Home.html

The last link offers slightly cheaper racket prices (about 50-90 baht less than what the first link offers), Victor/Yonex/LiNing/Gosen/Kason/RSL/etc 3U & 4U available :eek: which come to surprise since Thailand only imported 4U whenever possible, regular promotion on page, weekly updates on products, email response faster and in English written. Been spending almost 8000baht on both websites since couple months ago!

18. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

SportGallerys prices are pretty good too. Are their Li-Ning stuff definitely genuine?

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Yes. Their LiNing HI-END rackets are legit, but i think they sell cheap ones too. However, pay attention to the prices. LiNing Hi-End original costs above THB 4.000+ (even IF included 99% discount, there is no way on earth these hi-end N series ever reach below THB 3.000), while those LiNing rackets with THB 1.000 - 2.000 ARE DEFENITELY not legit!! Shoes and misc items are 100% legit.

20. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    The owner of MRC Sports is Mr. Cham. Nice chap and speaks decent English. The store is located near Ari BTS station, not too far away from the weekend market.

#20 Sealman, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014