Question: manufacture code on shaft of ISO900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kenlmw, Jan 7, 2004.

1. kenlmw

kenlmw Regular Member

IT
    Hello all,

Recently I bought one more ISO Swing Power 900 :D from a friend of a large sport dealer. I have read the http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8152&highlight=post+your+code and know the sercet of the code on cone (5 digits) to be DDMMY?. But I found the code is 27053X, that means the manufacture year is 2003 (should not be 1993?) I am confused because ISO 900 should be discontinued for more than a year. :confused:

I was somewhere heard that ISO 900 are reproduced again, just like the case of Cab20 and their quality is not as good as old ISO 900. Have you guys heard about that?

Thanks for yours information.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    as far as i know, Iso900 never had the new type serial number. all the ones i have seen are with the old, short, engraved type of serial numbering.

and if they are indeed manufacturing Iso900, that will be great news for the Iso900 fans.

i guess you kinda of disclaim that already, but i think yours should be a real Yonex then...

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    can you tell us the other serial number? the one on the shaft. i will match it against the serial number database and we should see a fit. from the graph, the serial number should be something around 4390xxx to 4395xxx

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That means there are only 5000 ~ 6000 ISO900 (4 models in total) ever made???

5. kenlmw

kenlmw Regular Member

IT
    sorry kwun, the date should be 25043X, serial code: 4355362, 4355300.

Lazybuddy: the range that kwun concluded was due to the manufacture date of my previous date posted. It has no mean to racket with other manufacture date.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Oh I see...

Sorry, did not think carefully when I raise up the issue. Because I was just like, "wow, that must be saying over 90% ISO900 currently in use are fakes...." :D

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the date and serial code matches.

so if indeed Yonex is manufacturing Iso900 again, i wonder why they are doing so as they already have the replacement the TiSP series. may i ask where you bought the racket from? is it widely available or just via some special source? what is the country code?

8. kenlmw

kenlmw Regular Member

IT
    LazyBuddy, no problem. I apprepciated for your replies. Challenge is always a good way for us to think more. But don't forget to play badminton.:D

Kwun, I bought rackets from H.K., just from some special source, still not widely available. Country code: SP.:cool:

9. kenlmw

kenlmw Regular Member

IT
    I don't think 900 is come again (at least for this moment) because there is no announcement from Yonex japan, but they do have in case of Cab20. :rolleyes: