User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    They're not suitable for badminton.

You will need to order 12mm badminton clamps from W&D (or get the expensive Gamma ones) if the seller doesnt provide them.
    Hi, yep i messaged the seller asking them the cost for badminton clamps. I have a couple of things I want to clear up with you guys:

Alternatively, I could invest in the pro's pro shuttle express (which is pretty much the same as the one kwun reviewed - his was the alpha shuttle express) which is a crank for around about the same price. Although the one thing putting me off is having flying clamps as opposed to fixed.

This has probably come up somewhere before, but fixed clamps will be better for retaining tension (since it is fixed in pretty much one spot) compared to flying clamps which rely on holding the tension between 2 parallel strings? unless you can get high quality flying clamps that are equally comparable to fixed clamps?

and CRANK vs DROP WEIGHT.. does it really matter which one? speed isn't soo much of an issue for me so im happy to go with drop weight. what im most concerned about is the stringing to a particular tension accurately (around 28-30lbs) for me. im a bit confused with this part - accuracy in stringing is more heavily reliant on the type of clamps you use or the type of tensioning system you use (drop weight or crank) or the equal combination of both? of course practice and experience makes perfect :P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop is perfectly accurate with constant pull, but since there is no prestretch function, tension hold might not be as good, however it does the job. I have the gamma progression 602FC and I bought a single yonex flying clamp JUST FOR THE CROSS because of the tennis fixed clamps(which i only use for mains which work well). I string 30/32

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From experience I find the consistency of the tensioning to be more important for the (overall) resulting tension.

I currently have a Stringway MS100 and using Yonex&Gamma badminton clamps with an initial clamp myself. Previously used a Tremont T-145 with the Tremont clamps for about 12yrs.
    Last edited by hew128; 10-22-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your input guys i really appreciate it !

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lydyys View Post
    Hi, yep i messaged the seller asking them the cost for badminton clamps. I have a couple of things I want to clear up with you guys:

Alternatively, I could invest in the pro's pro shuttle express (which is pretty much the same as the one kwun reviewed - his was the alpha shuttle express) which is a crank for around about the same price. Although the one thing putting me off is having flying clamps as opposed to fixed.

This has probably come up somewhere before, but fixed clamps will be better for retaining tension (since it is fixed in pretty much one spot) compared to flying clamps which rely on holding the tension between 2 parallel strings? unless you can get high quality flying clamps that are equally comparable to fixed clamps?

and CRANK vs DROP WEIGHT.. does it really matter which one? speed isn't soo much of an issue for me so im happy to go with drop weight. what im most concerned about is the stringing to a particular tension accurately (around 28-30lbs) for me. im a bit confused with this part - accuracy in stringing is more heavily reliant on the type of clamps you use or the type of tensioning system you use (drop weight or crank) or the equal combination of both? of course practice and experience makes perfect :P
    I personally don't like the Pro's Pro Shuttle Express clamp down mounting system. It's an additional hassle while mounting the racket.

Fixed clamps are better than flying clamps. However, while there is a difference in playability (not negatively or positively), using flying clamps is still acceptable imo.

If speed is not an issue, go for drop weight for more accurate/better results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the heads up yan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I personally don't like the Pro's Pro Shuttle Express clamp down mounting system. It's an additional hassle while mounting the racket.

Fixed clamps are better than flying clamps. However, while there is a difference in playability (not negatively or positively), using flying clamps is still acceptable imo.

If speed is not an issue, go for drop weight for more accurate/better results.
    What about the Pro's Pro XP plus or the Pro's Pro Pilot? Are these any good and easy to use for beginners?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they are much better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2