How hard can u smash with voltric Z Force?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by johnnxiv, Sep 18, 2013.

1. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    Z Force 4U has a really high BP at ~ 225mm, this racket is made for smashing players.

I smash/clear really weak with this racket compare to my Lethal 90 and Voltric80.

I think my technique is not good enough to max out the racket's potential. I want to ask

the Z Force owners, how easy can u deliver a powerful smash/clear with Z Force?

2. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

its a really specialized racket
    ive tried one with fresh strings at 25lbs, and my power was pathetic, compared to my at700 that has old strings close to 22lbs at the time

perhaps wrist training along with this racket will help u generate power

3. IC3888

IC3888 Regular Member

Using 3UG4, BG66 Ultimax at 24lbs.

I can clear pretty good and dive with ZF. I can continue playing doubles with ZF for the entire 2hrs. The smashing power I need to generate from my shoulders is quite demanding.

IMO, ZF require strong shoulder (especially rotator cuff). After 2hrs, I can feel the strain in my rotator cuff.

4. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    i have VT-ZF LTD 3U and 4U and i am a heavy smasher, maybe due to my working enviroment... i have no problem with it even few hours of playing and smashing....

5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    There are too many factors at play here to say how you can get the most out of the racquet. A lot of it is down to you, your ability, technique, preferences etc.

I'm curious as to how you measured your BP though as it doesn't sound like anything I would expect. I would have expected the VZF to be in the region of 305mm.

6. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    R20190 - I've not ever had my hands on one but I thought BP was always over 320mm for the VTZF from what I've read on BC...? With VT80 around 310.

Anyway, I think with a 4U VTZF power would be almost entirely down to technique, as with any racquet IMO. Although with the 3U model you could argue shoulder strength for repeated smashing and long matches may become a factor.

7. Tadashi

Tadashi Regular Member

AE278BB6CBB7487C0FF7AE706177CDE2E45AC583 is my dig
    :D

If the player, if technique would be "almost entirely" the one factor, where then, I ask, is your All-People's racket, and where is the 5-year-old able to play the All-People's VHH racket just by technique, "almost entirely" as good as Lee Chong Wei.

OP: If you can't wield the ZF, and your opponents do not play VHH rackets, either, don't break your neck. However, it always takes more physical energy to throw a towel than a handkerchief, so if you really want a less pathetic smash with the ZF ... it's "almost entirely" to rotation technique, which you can train by throwing heavier balls, tennis balls etc.

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    You may well be right, I've not measured one myself, but I've played with a 4U and it wouldn't surprised me if some exampled had higher BPs... 320 sounds too much from my experience though, the one I played with felt in the region of 305-310.

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

i have the 2012 ltd version and it's as easy as a sharp knife cutting through butter. it's by far one of the best feeling racket i've used. the vibration is just right, not too hollow like that of a victor racket, but not as dampened like that of a low end yonex racket. unfortunately i can't use it because i only have one :(

10. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    My bad lol, I took out the original grip on Z force and just add a normal yonex grip full length, the BP is

325mm not 225mm sorry :D

11. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    is there a Z force review topic? I cant find any in this forum

12. grandster

grandster New Member

A lot of it is down to you, your ability, technique, preferences etc. [​IMG]

13. heeroyuy

heeroyuy Regular Member

OP: you might be smashing/clearing with your wrist only, which may not be sufficient to bend the stiffer shaft. I'm not saying that you need to play like LCW, but the extra stiff shaft is the most important thing to watch with vtzf.

Personally, when I got my first vtzf ltd - 3ug5, I switched to forearm pronation for smashes/clears since clearing with wrist didn't give me a good result. It probably took me about 4-6 weeks to get used to smash/clear with vtzf.

Sadly, I broke the racquet after 4 months from a hard clash with a double partner when I was doing jump smash. I ended up buying another vtzf ltd 3ug5 for single and some double game when I need to smash harder. I also bought vtzf 4ug5 for normal double since I found it's harder to return quick smashes with 3ug5, but the smashes are less powerful with 4ug5.
    It's easier to get powerful smash/clear with 3ug5 when I started playing, but it will tire me down from the extra 5g weight in the long run.
    This is just my personal opinion with vtzf after 9 months.

If you still cannot smash/clear with vtzf using forearm pronation, then vt80 might suit you better.
    Hope this info helps, and good luck! :)