Victor Meteor Mx-70

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JustinG, Sep 20, 2013.

1. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

I was thinking of switching rackets; however, my budget is not too big, so I was thinking of the victor mx-70. (I can get it for $120). Right now, I use a Karakal Sl-70 and I am really not a fan of it. I bought it in bulk and have never really fully liked it. I've played with it for 3 years and I would like to changed. So, is the Victor Meteor mx-70 a good choice? Better than my karakal sl-70 for sure. IMO. Let me know! (mainly playing singles with a touch of doubles) Cheers everyone!

2. meteor

meteor Regular Member

MX70 is stiff and slightly head heavy. Great racket for both singles and doubles. I never tried the Karakal Sl-70 but it is known as one of the lightest rackets there are and there's no doubt mx70 will feel very different. You need a strong arm in order to get the best out of the mx70. It is stiffer than most branded "stiff" rackets on the market. Yonex would have classed it as "very stiff". The positives for the mx70 are: great power on drives and smashes, great control and great combination of speed and power. The only negative is that sometimes when you're under defending pressure you could start to wish for more flex to repel attacks more effectively. It's a great beast - shares a lot of features with mx80 but is not for everyone, most will find it too stiff.

3. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

Thanks for the feedback. I will be playing today with my mx70
    and I will see how it goes! Any string recommendation for the mx70? it's already strung with bg65 at 26lbs. but for next Mayr I should get a different string? Thanks,

4. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I prefer bg80 at 26-28lbs. Great sting if you are an attacking player.

5. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

Yes, I've played with Bg65,bg70, and bg80...I feel most comfortable with bg 80's.