Help: Yonex Armortec 900P LCW equivalent?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by leemingjun, Sep 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. leemingjun

leemingjun Regular Member

Hi

I've been using the AT900PLCW for some time and I must say I finally found my personal taste for the type of racket (in terms of spec). I don't have exact figures for bp but I feel its head heavy, and on the shaft it says that the racket is stiff.

So I've been looking for a newer racket and my friend recommended VT80 as the closest from Yonex, or N90II from Li-Ning. I couldn't get any advice regarding Victor though as my friends don't own any. Somehow Victor's prices seem to be $50-$70 less than Yonex and Li-Ning, which kind of attracts me to that brand.

Thus I'm here to seek the advice of fellow BCers. If you know, own or played with AT900PLCW before, please help to recommend rackets. (preferably Yonex,Li-Ning or Victor).

Edit: I use 3u weight btw.

#1 leemingjun, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. leemingjun

I have already done a search on the forum regarding something similar to AT900P and I found that some feel the SW35 is close. But I personally tried bending the rackets at a shop and for some reason I found that Victor rackets are stiffer than Yonex rackets, at the same rating. What I mean is for a given stiffness, let's say medium stiff, I bent a Bravesword 8 and my AT900PLCW. But the BS08 felt solid like a bamboo pole while I could bend the AT900P.

Is it true that Victor's stiffness rating is more stiff than Yonex ratings?

3. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    I use LCW AT900P and have two of them (3U). Victor range that is close (not exact equivalent) to the AT900P would be the LYD Bravesword. However, the shaft is quite stiff as you noted. Bravesword 12 may be a better choice - medium flex. The specs are very similar to Bravesword 9. Alternatively, you can try Yonex Voltric Z-force.

4. leemingjun

Hi thanks for replying.

I haven't had to chance to test the stiffness of the BSLYD and Z-Force. Have you tried? How does its stiffness compare to the AT900P? (easier for me to compare).

For BS12 I think it's even balance so I'm not that keen on it. Judging from online specs, I think MX60 and TK8000 seem close too. Have you tried those? :)

5. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    I have the Z - Force and have tried the BSLYD. Both feel marginally different (swing speed) to AT900P, my opinion. Play wise very similar, good all round characteristic. I use to play with BS9 strung with VS850 and it made it slightly head heavy which was ideal. Gave away to a dear friend who lost (clash) a racket and own the Z-Force in return. AT900 came about from the recent warehouse sale. Sorry, have not tried either MX60 or TK8000. Take your time to look at the rackets you have shortlisted before investing.

6. leemingjun

Will try out some of these rackets wherever possible before buying. Thanks :)

Developed a liking for VT80 hahah