Need review for Asics Gel-Cyber Speed

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by terrencelbt, Sep 22, 2013.

1. terrencelbt

terrencelbt Regular Member

Hi, does anyone try Asics Gel-Cyber Speed? Would like to know its performance on court. Any review is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
  3. terrencelbt

Thanks ariffd93. I note that cyber speed is a floorball shoes but some shops sell it as badminton shoes. Would like to know how it perform on badminton court. Can't find the review on the internet on cyber speed for badminton

4. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

According to Perfect Sport aka Racket World, same as Blade 3 just the name is diff.
    Price also same.

5. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I bought a pair about 2 months ago as backup. But I have yet to wear it because my SHB102mid is still holding up fine. Since you would like to know how it performs, I will test it tonight and give you a brief review later. What I can tell you now is the heel counter is shorter than any other regular badminton shoes. It somehow makes you feel that your heel is going to slip out of the shoe whenever you lift your feet for a forward lunge.

6. terrencelbt

Thanks ChongHL & Barca :)

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Maybe they should have their eyes checked :p!? You can say they are mostly the same but not that it is "just a different name" ... See difference in upper material and lacing system.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#8 demolidor, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  9. Barca

Barca Regular Member

After 2 hours of intensive game on rubber court, here is my brief review of the Gel-Cyber Speed.

Fitting - The shoe is slightly narrower than SHB102MID. In the mid of my first game, my left foot felt a little cramp due to the tight fit and lack of circulation. Fortunately this has disappeared from the second game. I believe the shoes will widen after breaking in.

Cushion - The sole sits lower to the ground compared to SHB102MID. Yet I did not feel the lack of cushioning at all on the forefoot and heel during lunging and jumping. The Asics Gel cushioning is doing a pretty good job in this aspect. It is on par with Yonex Power Cushion which has a slightly thicker sole. Though the shoes are new, the sole is not too rigid. No breaking in is needed on this part.

Grip - The Gel-Cyber Speed possesses good grip. I didn't slip one bit during the fast pace game. It could also be the rubber court surface playing its part.

Durability - The material looks really durable. It should be able to withstand a lot of 'battering'. The toe box is made of synthetic material. This material is very different from any other badminton shoes out there. I have noticed that the outsole has turned yellow rather quickly. Not a major concern for me as it is only cosmetic.

Overall, the shoe is light, has good stability and excellent cushioning. This would be the main thing anyone should be looking for in any badminton shoes. But I have to admit the design and look are also pretty important to me. I am beginning to fall in love with it especially on how it has performed throughout. My SHB102MID shall be kept in the box for the time being.

#9 Barca, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  10. terrencelbt

Thanks Barca and Demolidor.

The shoes has good grip on parquet floor too. Although the grip pattern is similar for both GCS and GB3 is similar but GCS is meant for floorball. Hence, I am wondering if it will be suitable for badminton.

11. Barca

Barca Regular Member

It's only 99% suitable

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Probably more like 99.9% :D. I would not hesitate to buy a pair in any case, would depend on which colour I like better between this and Blade ;), but I don't think I have seen a Cyber-Speed so far in the shop near me.
    I use "handball" shoes just as easily for badminton btw as long as the fit is good. Maybe if I still had to play high level competition I would be slightly more picky (mostly in terms of weight) ...

#12 demolidor, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013