User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahehehehe View Post
    They are all great rackets to me , because they are the ones i had the most experience with .
    And that's the key point. At the end of the day, just get whatever racket you think you will be happy with and spend time getting used to the racket. If you're playing badly, it's not because of the racket - it's because of you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    And that's the key point. At the end of the day, just get whatever racket you think you will be happy with....
    Nah, don't do that.

I spent a year 'trying to get used to' the MX80 because I thought at the time it just looked amazing and I wanted desperately to be known as 'The MX80 Guy' but that thing caused me a year of delusional grief and constant debilitating rotator cuff pain. I was too stubborn to admit the type of player I was and how I played.

So, "Just buying the racket that makes you happy" will eventually make you sad (and maybe even send you to the doctor).

If you don't know your strengths and weaknesses or what type of player you are.....ask somebody else.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ ZSPD better for doubles than 4U ZF?? Are you speaking from experience or did you just make that up based on Yonex marketing?

Because I can tell you from experience it's the other way around.
    visor, its the other way around for me though. i guess people have different preferences.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Nah, don't do that.

I spent a year 'trying to get used to' the MX80 because I thought at the time it just looked amazing and I wanted desperately to be known as 'The MX80 Guy' but that thing caused me a year of delusional grief and constant debilitating rotator cuff pain. I was too stubborn to admit the type of player I was and how I played.

So, "Just buying the racket that makes you happy" will eventually make you sad (and maybe even send you to the doctor).

If you don't know your strengths and weaknesses or what type of player you are.....ask somebody else.
    I find it hard to blame your constant debilitating rotator cuff pain on a badminton racket. Is it possible that you were going to have that issue regardless of which racket you used?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And asking somebody else about your strengths/weaknesses isn't going to help you choose which racket will be best for you. At the end of the day, your mind needs to decide what you're happy with. And like many things in life, one has to work hard (on technique etc) to achieve this "happiness".

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously? You think a racket has absolutely no effect on your physiology? What weird logic do you base that on?

"Your mind needs to decide what you're happy with"??? Well, I'd recommend using your mind and not say....your arse or your big toe, but I'd also recommend that you'd maybe educate your mind so that you're better equipped to make informed decisions.

But that's just me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I spent a year 'trying to get used to' the MX80 because I thought at the time it just looked amazing and I wanted desperately to be known as 'The MX80 Guy' but that thing caused me a year of delusional grief and constant debilitating rotator cuff pain. I was too stubborn to admit the type of player I was and how I played
    You need to practice , every racket is different , and everyone is too , you cant master a racket in an hour . I ll admit , i was the same as you , i want to be a man to be known of something i like . I never gave up , everyday i practiced and practiced and practiced . Change is possible , as time goes by , dont think of negative , think of the positive . I cant imagine being like you , buying a racket only because it's what youre better suited . I buy something because im happy with it . Maybe were just different persons , different references .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it has "absolutely no effect". Just trying to make a point really. In my opinion, people spend (or appear to, based on what I read on these forums) far too much time (and money!) testing different rackets and not enough time working on things that would actually improve their play with the rackets they have.

I guess I'm just trying to balance things out and also voice my opinion. It appears that you feel rather strongly about finding the "holy grail" racket for one's self, and I can respect your opinion. That's also how I felt once upon a time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For instance , i want to be a man known for mastering the Nanoray Z Speed ( Which is indeed a very hard racket to master ) . I love headlight rackets , i love cool looking rackets , i love technologically based rackets , and im good at headlights . But that's me

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    visor, its the other way around for me though. i guess people have different preferences.
    @vajrasattva
    Which VTZF do you have? 3U or 4U?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For instance , i want to be a man known for mastering the Nanoray Z Speed ( Which is indeed a very hard racket to master ) . I love headlight rackets , i love cool looking rackets , i love technologically based rackets , and im good at headlights . But that's me
    You think you're going to receive an award or accolades from your peers after it takes you 2 yrs to master it? Before then there'll be a newer cooler flashier higher tech racket from Yonex for you to "master".

Always always use the right tool for the job.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have experience wielding these two , playing doubles and from my experience , i have gotten better results with the NRZSP than the ZF 3U . Maybe just because im an intelligent player? Well , im telling these from my experience som im not really sure with other people
    When exactly did you try this thing since you were asking one day ago for reviews (and still looking to buy)??

I wouldn't recommend either racket for the op
    Last edited by demolidor; 09-23-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my god, now I'm really confused. First of all thanks for the support guys, didn't realize so many people would pitch into this!

Before I went to sleep last night I had my mind set on getting the Z Force 4U version, and using that. Now reading up on all this stuff, I'm going to delay and check out some other rackets.

The only problem is now I'm even more stuck haha.

I know I should be getting a racket that suits me the best, but I also wanted to get a "newer" racket, in terms of when it was released. I know that's kinda childish, but the fact that the Z Speed was just released, almost made me buy it. The Z force was released in 2012 I believe, so that isn't too bad either.

Sorry if I'm dragging this, I just really need to find the right racket. I'm not the kind of guy that blames the racket or anything, like trust me, when I play, I'll take any racket.

I'm like 80% still leaning towards the Z Force 4U D:.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for a double post, but I still don't know how to edit posts.

Another thing I wanted to add is, I've been researching some of the rackets Maklike Tier mentioned, like the Voltric 70, but that's from 2010. I know it shouldn't matter, but I don't want to spend like $200 on a racket that's that old lol.

Also I want to emphasize DOUBLES. I'm looking for the best doubles racket, because honestly when it matters, I'm playing doubles for my college team. I'll be playing singles just in fun tournaments, or friendlies.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can only edit your posts for 15 minutes after posting .

As for new rackets, it might very well be possible you would like the NanoRay 750 better than your two on the want list but you definitely would want to try it out first.

For what it's worth a friend of mine with similar build to you plays with NanoSpeed 9000S but no longer competitively so no new rackets anymore ... Someone else with Maklike's build plays with or at least used to play with Voltric 70. Frankly, his advise of asking someone else around you is pretty usefull. For instance: would they say your swing is explosive? How is your throwing arm so to speak
    Last edited by demolidor; 09-23-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm like 80% still leaning towards the Z Force 4U"

Well, you've already made up your mind then so just get that.

(One of my recommendations was the Voltric 7, not 70 (although the OP would be better off with a 4U VT70 than a 4u Z-Force))
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 09-23-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    When exactly did you try this thing since you were asking one day ago for reviews (and still looking to buy)??

I wouldn't recommend either racket for the op
    My friend let me borrow it , it felt good with me , so im looking for other peoples opinions on these two before i buy it . Theyre now on the way to me

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast