Nanoray Z Speed vs Voltriz Z Force

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bSM45, Sep 22, 2013.

1. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Hey guys, I was going to buy a racket between these two, not sure which one.

Some info about me:

I've been playing badminton for 6-7 years.
    I'm playing on my college team right now.
    My first decent racket was the Victor Super Nano 3.
    I'm 6'4.
    I play both singles and doubles, but I'm going to start playing doubles a lot more on the team.

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Also, if I do end of getting the Voltric Z Force, I will most likely be getting the 4U, aka lighter version.

Thanks for the help!

2. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

WOW , what an impressive height . Anyway since you said youre mostly gonna play doubles , im gonna recommend the Z Speed , its the flagship (currently) of the Nanoray Series , and nanorays are headlight , mainly for doubles . But for your height , youre better suited to play singles and wield the Z Force , also the flagship (currently) of the Voltric Series , its head heavy , giving you more Power attacks , your height will give you no problem Smashing . Nanoray Z Speed costs $275 while Voltric Z Force costs $240 . Good luck to your game and happy to answer further questions :)

3. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Hi thanks for the reply!

I know for certain in high level matches, I will be playing doubles, but I'm still going to play singles in tournaments and stuff, but doubles is what I'll be doing for my team.

I've read lots of info, and I really just want to buy the Z Force, I realize it takes a while to get used to, but I'm in decent shape, I think I could use it.

Would the Z Force 4U version be not fit for doubles?

4. yeahehehehe

The 4U for Z Force is very fit for doubles . Doubles need lighter rackets and 4U is the lightest version of Z Force . Its gonna help you manuever the racket easier due to its lesser weight . I havent really seen some Z Force for doubles but due to your height and it's IMMENSE SMASHING POWER i think it would fit you in doubles. Goodluck to your game :)

5. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Haha now that you told me the Z Speed is better, I just watched some videos and reviews, and now I wanna buy the Z Speed! LOL.

They're around the same price actually, Z speed is only $5 more.

Hmmmm decisions...

6. yeahehehehe

LOL , tell me what do you want from a racket and ill give you a good choice. Also ill tell you , Z Speed is something for PROS , its used by Kenichi Tago . Headlight and you wont enjoy it cause you wont feel the power in it unless you have some really good experience with headlights . Voltric is something used by Power Smashers , also used by PROS like LEE CHONG WEI . Youll have so much fun with these guys , youre gonna feel some POWER going on here , for your height it's better suited for you. Bottomline : Z Speed is something for some really good players out there (harder to master than Z Force) , it's suited for intelligent and fast reaction players , it has a smaller frame so when you first hit with these , you might end up hitting the frame . Im not discouraging you to buy the Z Speed , im just telling you that the Z Force is better suited for you . Anyway , dont you find getting into Li - Ning? They also have good rackets

7. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Hmm, what I really want is an all round good racket. I like smashing, but I don't want to compromise my quickness and defense for more power, (Voltric Z force).

For doubles wouldn't Z speed be better xD.

Also I'm having a hard time between these two, if I start looking @ more it will be even harder lol.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

I've already compared the 4U ZF with the 3U ZSPD in the ZSPD thread 4 days ago, so you can read it there. Surpringly this Nanoray racket is quite demanding to use. I'd put it between 4U and 3U ZF in terms of power, speed, maneuverability.

You have to test demo this racket before you buy it , to make sure it fits your style because it's quite flexy, kinda like Z Slash but way head heavier.

9. yeahehehehe

If youre looking for all around racket then you must have really found two bad choices LOL! Z Speed gives you more SPEED and defence but will lack in offense . Z Force gives you more POWER but will lack you in DEFENSE and SPEED. Then why dont try getting the ArcSaber Z Slash or ArcSaber 11? Both are all around rackets , World record for fastest smash in 2012 was made using ArcZ Slash . Arc11 gives you more control , perfect all around . While ArcZSlash gives you more power with control . If All around is what youre looking for , try looking in Arcsabers , theyre good in both situations . Also , Yes , Z Speed is better for Doubles

10. visor

visor Regular Member

^ ZSPD better for doubles than 4U ZF?? Are you speaking from experience or did you just make that up based on Yonex marketing?

Because I can tell you from experience it's the other way around. ;)

11. yeahehehehe

I have experience wielding these two , playing doubles and from my experience , i have gotten better results with the NRZSP than the ZF 3U . Maybe just because im an intelligent player? Well , im telling these from my experience som im not really sure with other people

#11 yeahehehehe, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  12. yeahehehehe

I was saying "The 4U for Z Force is very fit FOR YOU in doubles"

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I'm a similar height to you but my college days a waaaay over :)

We really need to know the style of your game or else everything is conjecture. For example, I'm approaching middle age, am fairly big and slow (200lbs) so being honest with myself, I've got a pretty average everything, so guess what!?!? 'Average' rackets suit me very well - even balanced to slightly head heavy, and medium stiffness. I even like 'medium' feeling strings! (BG66 Ultimax).

So what are you? You're of college-age so you've probably made up your mind already based probably on appearance and what your mates think is cool, but tell us about your style of play and we'll be able to more easily recommend a racket for you.

(ps: the picture you posted is a Nanoray 100, not a Nanoray Z-Speed)

14. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Oh dang, I don't know how to edit my thread, otherwise I'd fix that.

I'll try to give some more facts about myself.

I'm 182 pounds, fairly skinny, my coach always tells me my reach is amazing (cuz of height), just need to work on footwork.

It's hard to say what kind of player I am personally, but referencing doubles, I've always been a dominant player. By that I mean, I always go for the big smashes, fancy drops, and rarely clear or drive unless I need to. (I'm trying to fix this in my game).

The reason I'm worried about the Z force is that I heard it can be heavy, and right now I get tired very easily. After a couple of intense matches, I'm very tired, so I don't want to be more tired with a heavy racket, especially since it's doubles.

I know I'm confusing lol, but I really don't know. I'm leaning towards the Nanoray Z Speed since doubles, but idk. I don't want to mess up, as I don't have the chance to try either racket, I'm ordering online, so I need to be sure. It's also my first expensive racket, my Victor was $100, so I'm putting a lot of thought into this.

Thanks for the help guys!

15. yeahehehehe

You really dont have to worry about being tired here in doubles . I have a 100gram racket here and i dont even feel the weight . 4U is a good choice for ZF . Also , you said you want some drops and big smashes , Z Force here . Believe it or not , Singles is MORE TIRING than DOUBLES . But if you really want a Good ALL Around and light racket , get the ARCSABER FB only 73 - 75 grams :)

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Jumping around like an idiot is all part of being young. Enjoy that while you can. :)

Personally, I'd ignore the uber heavy and/or uber stiff rackets. I know you probably want a Z-Something because you think it's the way to go, but it's not. Even in 4u guise I can't say I'd recommend any of them. Forget the marketing.

Because of your height, you want to stay away from fast driving games and not get sucked into them - they're for little Asian guys :) Watch Boe/Mo if you want to know how to play doubles when you're 6ft+ - you play an angles game, not a flat game.

If you've got fast hands, look for a racket that's a little lighter in the head but slightly stiffer. Rackets like maybe the Nanoray NR700FX, Victor MX70, or Bravesword 12.

If you like to smash and play from the back of the court, then you need something head heavier and/or slightly more flexible. Rackets like the Voltric 7, Voltric iForce, Victor Thruster TK8000, Victor Bravesword 11 or MX60.

Ignore the Z-Whatevers and FlashBoost.

Most players have a certain strength, so what you have to decide is whether you're going to boost that strength, or try to even out your game by improving your weakness.

For example (an extreme example) Carsten Mogensen has a fairly good smash but his short game wasn't the best, so he moved to the FlashBoost presumably to speed that part of his game up. When Lee Yong Dae had an injured Jung Jae Sung on his hands, he went to a more head heavy racket so he could be more assertive from the back court.

As a younger player, when it comes to picking a racket I'd suggest you:
    - Limit your chances of injury by choosing inappropriate racket
    - ignore trends
    - be honest about the type of player you are
    - either boost strengths or compensate for weakness in your style (you can't do both)

My personal opinion would be to try a good all-rounder first and spend your time figuring out strings, because that probably makes more difference than the racket. (and good shoes make even more difference than both).

#16 Maklike Tier, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  17. yeahehehehe

He's got the answer bro , dont be afraid in buying unfamous rackets . Dont be tied up in choosing only the more MARKETED stuff , anyway , this game is not about the rackets and equipment , it's about your skill . Put this into a situation like Kenichi in slippers with a B-Series racket versus some guy with a Voltric , blahblahblah. If you want to know your racket , test different kinds . From Head Heavy to Head Light.

You got all the time to think and choose , dont rush.

All my answers here are marketed stuff because i dont want to dissapoint you , i was also like that once . Try to forget Yonex for an hour and search for brands like Carlton , Prince , Wilson , HL , Black Knight , Victor , Li Ning , Adidas , etc.

Personally , i have here a Prince , Wilson and Carlton . They are all great rackets to me , because they are the ones i had the most experience with .

18. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

And that's the key point. At the end of the day, just get whatever racket you think you will be happy with and spend time getting used to the racket. If you're playing badly, it's not because of the racket - it's because of you.

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nah, don't do that. :)

I spent a year 'trying to get used to' the MX80 because I thought at the time it just looked amazing and I wanted desperately to be known as 'The MX80 Guy' but that thing caused me a year of delusional grief and constant debilitating rotator cuff pain. I was too stubborn to admit the type of player I was and how I played.

So, "Just buying the racket that makes you happy" will eventually make you sad (and maybe even send you to the doctor).

If you don't know your strengths and weaknesses or what type of player you are.....ask somebody else.

20. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

visor, its the other way around for me though. i guess people have different preferences.