User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    I didn't mind using a 3U ZF but to me, it was just a slow racket for defense.
    But then there are rackets that almost seem too fast like the BS12!
    I'm sure glad that choosing a wife wasn't as difficult as choosing a racket.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like rackets, just don't pick one that's too hard to tame

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Why can't Yonex do a better job cosmetically I don't know.
    Matte clearcoat just isn't as tough as gloss, and if you put decals under matte clear coat, you run the risk of them becoming cloudy or 'soft'. Metallic or hologram decals lose their sparkle too, so that's why Yonex put those lime green ones on the ZF last.

I wanted matte for my rackets but the manufacturer said they'd prefer not to because of these exact same reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I've done it. Just paid for the Voltric 4U, with the strings Visor recommended. I'm so excited to get it.

Just want to take the time to say thank you to everyone in this thread for contributing. Hopefully I made the right decision !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh just remembered something, the ZF has one little cosmetic weakness, like the ZSPD with its soft clearcoat that chips easily...

[bold] **********The ZF has 2 stickers that are nakedly exposed without clearcoat at 5 and 7 o'clock positions. Whoever strings your racket must be warned and told not to place their side supports on them, otherwise they'll be damaged. ************[/bold]

Why can't Yonex do a better job cosmetically I don't know.
    Just PMed Eric, I'm sure he knows, but just a healthy reminder I guess. I'll have to keep this in mind when I get my racket strung anytime. Thanks!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post an update here when you get a chance to play with it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the best doubles racquet today is the 4U VTZF ..... steady ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've already got my hand on the Z-Speed n it's super awsome..need to have a powerfull wrist to actually master it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

further more..compare to Z-force..The Z-Speed have a combination of flex to work it out..not to mention the little space for sweet spot..need to really2..mastered it..a very interesting racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, here's my update. First of all, holy hell does Eric ship fast. I got the racket in 4 business days, 2 more if you include weekends :P. Immediately when I opened up the racket I was shocked at the weight. It felt incredibly light, probably the lightest racket I've ever touched.

As for playing with it...

My first time in practice I was warming up and my clears were soaring out. I tried smashes, and legitimately they were AT LEAST 20% more powerful. Then came the troubles. I knew it was a new racket, and I knew I needed some time to get used to it, but boy oh boy. I felt like trash. Everything I was hitting kept missing and hitting the frame. Every "ting" made me feel so terrible.

I blamed the racket, which I know is not the right thing to do, but now I can definitely say it's the racket.

Went to a full tournament this weekend, played singles, doubles, mix. I was absolute garbage in singles. Everything kept hitting the frame, I was getting everything out, serves, clears, everything. I didn't have the usual grace I do with drops.

As the tournament went on though, I slowly adapted, and in doubles I played fairly well. When I timed the smashes right, and got used to the drops, I was on fire. The sad part is that was only maybe 40% of the time. I realized I spent so much money on this racket, so I knew I had to use it, so I didn't switch rackets the rest of the tournament.

Today I had another practice, and I'm on the verge of returning it. Either I suddenly got really bad, or this just doesn't suit my play style, particularly in singles. I lost to a former team mate in 2 sets, that I usually take down fairly easily.

There's my update lol. I'm going to keep using it, and adapt to it, but hell it's not easy. I will know for sure if its the racket and not me, or my mentality, once I get my old racket restrung. That'll be the nail in the coffin.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Give yourself another 10 hrs with it to adapt your swing. When it clicks you'll know immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give yourself another 10 hrs with it to adapt your swing. When it clicks you'll know immediately.
    Another 10 hours of badminton practice right?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

10 hrs of practice and play, doesn't matter. Just concentrate on hitting the bird crisply and accurately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 hrs of practice and play, doesn't matter. Just concentrate on hitting the bird crisply and accurately.
    I'll try it. I think I've had at least 6-7 hours of play with it already, since our tournament was all one day.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you compare the shape of the racket head to a normal one, you'll notice that the part where you're supposed to hit the shuttle is the same. So if you're hitting the frame, I hate to tell you but it's not the racket.

The sweetspot is high, so you really do need to take the shuttle earier than you normally do or you'll hit the lower part of the head where it actually IS smaller than normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bSM45, you just need to spend more time to adapt to 4u VTZF. Keep in mind that VTZF is a demanding racquet, so you cannot expect your racquet will magically fit with your playstyle on 1st day... give yourself about 2-3 weeks to get used to the timing first, and then try to figure out which skill you need to adjust: clear/smash/dropshot/net play.

Good luck!
    Last edited by heeroyuy; 10-08-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    If you compare the shape of the racket head to a normal one, you'll notice that the part where you're supposed to hit the shuttle is the same. So if you're hitting the frame, I hate to tell you but it's not the racket.

The sweetspot is high, so you really do need to take the shuttle earlier than you normally do or you'll hit the lower part of the head where it actually IS smaller than normal.
    I think that's what I'm hitting, the lower part. I don't want to blame the racket at all, I'll know once I get my old racket back from stringing though. For now, I'm going to keep playing and using it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast