User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post <<Nanoray ZSpeed Review>>

Hey, so I recently got my NRZSP and managed to test it out. It is strung with BG66UM @ 27lbs and with a fleet overgrip without original plastic coating removed. (I like my grips thick)

Swing: This racket feels slightly even balanced at first grip, but when you swing it, you can feel it's head-lightness. The sudden acceleration of this racket is immense, so it takes time to get used to.

Clears and smashes: This racket can produce crisp clears, although not as easy as the VTZF. When using this racket, you will realise that it takes more arm strength in comparison to head heavy rackets, but the fast swing helps somewhat. Smash-wise, this racket really performs. You can't feel the same kick as the VTZF, and the power isn't there, but the speed of the smash is outstanding. It catches your opponent off guard due to the quick acceleration of the shuttle.

Nets and drops: Being a headlight racket, it is easy to play these controlled shots. The soft touch comes easy, and its quick and manoeuvrable, so trick shots can be executed easily.

Defence: This is another area I think the racket really excels in. The seamless movement of the racket allows easy and quick returns, so you can get back into position as soon as possible. Returns are controlled, and are never out of hand. High returns simply require a harder flick and the bird flies.

Overall, I feel that this racket is everything Yonex hyped it up to be, and it truly deserves to be the VTZF's succeeder, and it is suited for everyone who wants a fast paced game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow , you managed to get it to 27 lbs , that's the max limit for string tension , it might break easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahehehehe View Post
    wow , you managed to get it to 27 lbs , that's the max limit for string tension , it might break easily
    Yeah, I like the feel of it. Really sharp and crisp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well , 25 lbs is fair enough for me , they said when using this , the tension is like 2lbs more . thanks for the review

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that you describe it as head light when every one else seems to describe it as head heavy? What is the balance point of your racquet with only the original grip and strings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Interesting that you describe it as head light when every one else seems to describe it as head heavy? What is the balance point of your racquet with only the original grip and strings?
    It is 285mm from the base of the grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies, im not too sure about the original BP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, with 27lbs, it does feel a little head heavy but as bmlife said, once you start swinging with it, you can feel the head lightness.

I tied the same racket at the same tension as well, though to me it actually feels a little mute partially due to the lack of power behind the smashes.

Speed might be there but the threat may not be there to intimidate the opponents. Haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahehehehe View Post
    well , 25 lbs is fair enough for me , they said when using this , the tension is like 2lbs more . thanks for the review
    I've a different feeling here, got my Zspeed few days backed with 26lbs BG66UM and got it tested on the same day. From what i feel is the tension are not actually there. i can only feel about 23/4lbs. the string produce bouncy sound instead of crispy sound. Wondering whether the stringer issue or the racquet issue. ><

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any more reviews? I found that many people are selling off their nanoray z speed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you managed to get it to 27 lbs , that's the max limit for string tension , it might break easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hihihihiem View Post
    Any more reviews? I found that many people are selling off their nanoray z speed...
    It is a good racket if you are looking for a replacement. Is it going to improve your technique or performance tremendously? I do not think so! I bought this Z speed for the replacement of my 2nd racket as a complement to NR 800. Both NR 800 and Zp are medium head feel just the way it is classified in Yonex racket chart. However, a medium head racket can result a powerful smash for professional player could be a good upgrade. I see few of professional players in the club have acquired it already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mameilide View Post
    you managed to get it to 27 lbs , that's the max limit for string tension , it might break easily
    I am actually surprised to see this racket 3U has very high string tension (27lb) spec. listed in the web site comparing other rackets which is mostly 25lb and below. After a quick search on Yonex site, this could be the highest tension ever put on their web site although many advance player string their racket 3 to 6 lbs more than the web site said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

official YY's recommendation for Arcsaber 8DX - 2U was set at the maximum of 28 Lbs

CMIIW

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't panic about the limits. Nearly every highend racket (3U) can be strung at 30lbs and above. Claiming warranty with Yonex is everytime difficult. Mostly a racket breaks due a previous clash, bad stringer which caused weakening the frame. Never seen a new or well threated racket that broke because of tension below 30lbs. Yonex rackets are quite fragile but don't collapse due ridiculous 27lbs. And 27lbs is not a very high tension. Btw PP, Apacs, Forza and a few other brands has rackets which can take 35lbs and above.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay the Z-Speed is NOT a replacement for the Z-Force. If anything, the Z rackets are progressive niche products based around a smaller head than standard ISO.

Yonex is just conservative with their tensions. Carsten Mogensen strings his FlashBoost at 35lbs and I haven't seen him break one in a match...in fact every Yonex pro strings at over 30lbs.

Whats strange about the Z-Speed though, is that the sweetspot feels very soft because of the softer grommets and flex points on the head at 3 and 9 o'clock. If you get one, I'd consider stringing at maybe a pound more than you normally would, or maybe go with a harder feeling string - assuming you want to keep the same feel as your other rackets.

its a great racket, very easy to use and maybe the best Yonex racket since the AT900T.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Okay the Z-Speed is NOT a replacement for the Z-Force. If anything, the Z rackets are progressive niche products based around a smaller head than standard ISO.

Yonex is just conservative with their tensions. Carsten Mogensen strings his FlashBoost at 35lbs and I haven't seen him break one in a match...in fact every Yonex pro strings at over 30lbs.

Whats strange about the Z-Speed though, is that the sweetspot feels very soft because of the softer grommets and flex points on the head at 3 and 9 o'clock. If you get one, I'd consider stringing at maybe a pound more than you normally would, or maybe go with a harder feeling string - assuming you want to keep the same feel as your other rackets.

its a great racket, very easy to use and maybe the best Yonex racket since the AT900T.
    I had the same feeling with the Z-Slash in regards to the sweet spot. It always seemed like the strings weren't as tight as I wanted them to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast