Please advise, MP77 problem

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by crazy_smasher, Jan 12, 2004.

1. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

I am finding problem to get steep smashes with my mp77 which i used for 2-3 years already compared to other rackets, mostly lighter ones like armotec or mp88. Do u think it is because of its heavy head and overall heaviness? i mostly snap my wrist for smash, but i am also trying to do more follow-thru, but to recover from a follow thru is sluggish i feel due to the heaviness.

Any advise or similar experience with the MP77 and how to get the most of the racket good features?

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Skills and Strength sounds like the solutions to me; it's definetly not the racket.

3. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Yeah I have had the same problem in the past. But then I overcame this by using brute power the MP77 can generate to overwhelm opposition defence. You should get used to it soon though and overcome any problems you have with it.

4. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

HEH i also thought mp77 was heavy!!!!! not i think it is too light.. im now using the cab 20 muscle.. which is HEAVIER then mp77 i tell u... use it more often and it would not be heavy at all.. trust me.. im 42kg and my hands are like sticks.

5. silentlight

silentlight Regular Member

student/programmer
    I own an mp77 and played with it for more than 10 months. I don't have that problem now but I know that timing problems like that do occur especially when switching to a heavier racquet but you said that you've been playing with it for 2-3 years already--your timing should have adjusted to it a long time ago. It must be your technique, hitting position, etc., work on that, think about the angle of the racquet face upon impact with the birdie.