My Li-ning n55-III broke

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by swunk, Sep 28, 2013.

1. swunk

swunk Regular Member

what a pity. Just a minor clash, really minor, i hadn't any thought to look even for a paint chip, until the partner pointed to the racket.

[​IMG]

Had a more severe clash couple of weeks ago which resulted in a paint chip. The racket broke nearby, maybe some microfray ...

[​IMG]

Just a month old, strung only once at 25lbs...

2. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

Could you please give some review about this racket?

I am always play double. Looking for fast and power racket for double. I want to excel in net area and able to execute power drive and smash.

Currently using VT80 and Arc11 but I couldn't get what I want from both racket.

3. swunk

swunk Regular Member

get mx-jjs or mx-90 or tk6000 4u... n55-iii is rather fragile and pretty head-heavy.

4. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

25lbs, and immediately broke after a simple clash? Wow.... that's really bad for a Li Ning...

5. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i don't really blame them, it can happen to any racket. although i watched a lot of Zhang Nan play with it and Zhao Yunlei with n50-iii, and they broke several rackets in the clashes.
    N55-iii is great for singles, but i wouldn't play doubles with it.
    I'm getting my n50-iii this week and i will only play singles with it, i have jjs for doubles (although it already has a crack too, dunno how it happened, never clashed it).

6. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

Thanks.
    Now I am gonna choose between MX JJS and MX 90.
    The MX 90 thread said it's faster than JJS. Yes I am looking for that but I fancied JJS because of the beautiful paint job. But I am afraid it's too stiff for me.
    Normally I strung my racket at 28x30lb with NBG99.

7. swunk

swunk Regular Member

well i believe mx90 and jjs have about the same stiffness. it's around vt80's stiffness, only vt80 is head-heavier and therefore bends more on a swing. forget the painwork, that's not the main thing.

8. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    I have an MX90 and MXJJS. They are very much the same racket. Both of mine are 3U and carry an absurd amount of power. I actually just ordered a Li Ning N55III. ****, I should've read this first. I played the demo and loved the power I got from it but was struggling with my net play. It's very very head heavy. If you go for Li Ning and want a good doubles racket, I recommend the N7 or N99. N7 requires a relaxed swing for its best power where as the N99 is not at all picky.