User Tag List

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twlih
    Do anyone notice, during towel break or break between matches,
    Kim and Ra share the same bottle of water.
    Someone mentioned that before, I wouldnt take that as fact that they are together. I mean, If I wanted a drink, and my BADMINTON partner of 4years, whom I play with everyday didnt let me rink a bit of his/hers, then I would be upset.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote=Loh

Hi floorfilla,

Such a nice account of your fond memories, many thanks! Hope you are a badminton player and are still playing. You seemed to think you are too old at 20, but don't be embarassed to continue to ask for autographs and taking pics with your favourite players if you are happy with what you're doing.

Hope you're still residing in S'pore and maybe still studying? You probably know that Candra is now married to Ronald Susilo's elder sister. There will be great excitement in
    Jakarta during the T/U Cup competitions and I wonder whether you will be watching the proceedings? I'm hoping to go there.

Hey Loh,

Another reason why I stopped taking autographs was because I always seem to miss the best matches that are ongoing at the same time.. I still take pictures with them whenever they were here for the Sgp Open though, but just before I wanted to go home..

Yeah, Iím still studying in Sgp.. I knew about Candraís marriage.. I saw his wife quite often whenever heís here for competitions.. Candra, his wife Caroline, Ronald and Indra always leave together..

Ohhh.. Iím still mugging for my exams.. Iím sad, really sad that I canít go back to Jakarta to watch the T/U Cup.. Iím really hoping that one day, the T/U Cup will be held in Singapore, cos I reckon Iíll be staying in Sgp for quite a few more years..

There was once when the players were here for the Sgp Open (canít remember which year), they stayed at SeaView Hotel in Marine Parade.. Thereís a Cold Storage in front of the hotel.. I live only a 5 mins walking distance away.. I didnít know they stayed there.. I went there to buy some snacks when I saw Hendrawan trying to pick his choice of Pringles! I was Ďstar-struckí! I didnít expect that they would stay in that hotel! Finally, he chose the red original Pringles.. I managed to speak out and called out to him.. I called him Wawan (Hendrawan is known by that name in Indo), so he knew I was Indonesian.. Heís surprised to see an Indonesian too.. We chatted for a while.. And the next morning, I purposely went there to see them and saw quite a few players jogging in the grass field in front of the hotel..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20
    Someone mentioned that before, I wouldnt take that as fact that they are together. I mean, If I wanted a drink, and my BADMINTON partner of 4years, whom I play with everyday didnt let me rink a bit of his/hers, then I would be upset.
    yeah.. sharing a bottle doesnt mean anything.

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze r =p
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nauknip
    The tournament was mostly Malaysians and Chinese. Was staying at the official hotel then and EVERYDAY I see Bao Chunlai and Lin Dan following Xia Xuanze everywhere. They go out for lunch together, return together, go everywhere together. But I never approached them. Haha I guess it's the same case with HoNgHoNg and the Koreans now. If we could turn back time, we could've exchanged places.
    ohhhhhhhhh............. like senior bringing junior out... hahaha like their mentor.... hahaha

but 2002 i wasn't into badminton yet... though i watch Spore Open 2002 n i saw Xuanze playing... but from where i was sitting i couldn't c his face clearly... i only can c his movement, so i noe he's a great player, but i didn't noe how cute he was

btw, i don think the Koreans stayed in Federal during ABC rite???
    cos i only bump into them while waiting for other players outside the stadium... always... but nobody approach them.... all simply stared.... n yes, kim n ra came together n were talking all along

in Federal i only saw Indo, Chinese, Japanese, Thai n VIetnamese i think.... during breakfast one day... there were some chinese players sat beside me... well u noe, how i wish it's Xuanze sitting there if he was there but i donno who r those players... very young, quite good looking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrura
    Speaking of autographs, how do you people keep their autographs?? Do you frame them or just keep it them in your diaries or what?
    well mine 1 is in my own autograph book... coz b4 i got their autograph... i used to meet international artist for their autograph n pix...so autograph book came in handy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kim & Ra

Quote Originally Posted by twlih
    Do anyone notice, during towel break or break between matches,
    Kim and Ra share the same bottle of water.
    I often saw that situation. So, I also thought they must be lovers.
    But, I read Kim & Ra's articles and realized reason of sharing the same bottle.

Korean head-coach let them share the same bottle. Both of them are very calm, slient and introversive. Doubles game needs talking with partner. They played in calm without a word and lost the game!! Coach got angry. So, coach ordered that they should share the same bottle and sit in the side place on bus. Kim & Ra obeied coach's order.

Kim interviewed that he didn't know Ra's private life, but they were familiar in recent. I think sharing the same bottle obtained the desired results. In Korea, many people hope they will be lovers to see a super badminton player(Kim & Ra 's children will also play very well. )
    They 'surely' are not lovers now. But, who knows in the future?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fhchiang, you're making everyone here sooooo jealous of you!!!!!! Had I struck lottery before I went for ABC, I'd have stayed in KL until they left for Jakarta. Just joking. So do you happen to know anything about Ra Kyung Min's injury? Oh btw, when are they leaving for Jakarta? Wednesday I thought it was. Ooh and yea, please share the pics if you have any!

I was at Mas Open 02 too, the only other time I actually travelled beyond the seas to watch a badminton tournament. No Koreans, no Indonesians. Well, at least no Kim, no Ra, no Candra. That was the first time I saw Tony donning USA colours and it really felt kinda strange and... sad. The tournament was mostly Malaysians and Chinese. Was staying at the official hotel then and EVERYDAY I see Bao Chunlai and Lin Dan following Xia Xuanze everywhere. They go out for lunch together, return together, go everywhere together. But I never approached them. Haha I guess it's the same case with HoNgHoNg and the Koreans now. If we could turn back time, we could've exchanged places.
    u guys are so lucky... it was so hard for me just to catch a glimpse of them... and u saw them EVERYDAY!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, i don think the Koreans stayed in Federal during ABC rite???
    nope, they stayed at the Maluri Value Inn...

cos i only bump into them while waiting for other players outside the stadium... always... but nobody approach them.... all simply stared.
    are they really that unpopular??? after all, they are world champs rite... i bet if those were indonesian players it would be a totally different story...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *izzyC*
    nope, they stayed at the Maluri Value Inn...

are they really that unpopular??? after all, they are world champs rite... i bet if those were indonesian players it would be a totally different story...
    donno..... i guess maybe those around there at tat time weren't into korean players???
    i wait there for quite some time also.... but i just never get to c indo players coming.... donno y.... they all came quite late... just slightly before their match then they came... but by then i already went in to find a good place to watch the match

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HoNgHoNg
    donno..... i guess maybe those around there at tat time weren't into korean players???
    i wait there for quite some time also.... but i just never get to c indo players coming.... donno y.... they all came quite late... just slightly before their match then they came... but by then i already went in to find a good place to watch the match
    What time did u arrive during the semis and finals?? I arrived at 6.00 during the semis and when i went in kim/ra was already warming up... For the finals, i was quite early and waited at the main entrance cos the gate was not open... i saw the Thai team and wanted to ask for their autograph but the Thai players were rushing in (they were really very fast!) ...if they can maintain that pace on court, i bet they can beat any player....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What time did u arrive during the semis and finals?? I arrived at 6.00 during the semis and when i went in kim/ra was already warming up... For the finals, i was quite early and waited at the main entrance cos the gate was not open... i saw the Thai team and wanted to ask for their autograph but the Thai players were rushing in (they were really very fast!) ...if they can maintain that pace on court, i bet they can beat any player....
    i didn't watch finals... i only watch quarter n semi
    i was there about 5pm during quarter.... then i went in only at 7plus... but the indonesian players weren't there yet........
    as for semi finals, i think i was there at 6pm.... i went in abt 7pm.... they also not there yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, they stayed at the Maluri Value Inn... are they really that unpopular??? after all, they are world champs rite... i bet if those were indonesian players it would be a totally different story...
    The Koreans were not staying at Maluri. Only the Thais, Myanmar, Nepal and Syria teams were.

The Koreans were surrounded by hordes of girls when they came for Sing Open last year. The reason, I believe, has got to do largely with the Korean craze here so everything Korean was in high demand. Adel and I have shared some very interesting experiences, so maybe if you're interested you can check them out here: http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11347

Quite amusing, but it made Ra Kyung Min, Kim Dong Moon and Lee Kyung Won really happy. And of cos Lee Hyun Il, Shon Seung Mo, Lee Dong Soo and the rest of the guys who looked really satisfied and pleased with the attention they were getting. Haha. Great memories. I wonder who'd come for Sing Open this year given the weird timing at the end of the year. No Ra, no Kim DM, no Lee DS, no Candra...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nauknip
    I see Bao Chunlai and Lin Dan following Xia Xuanze everywhere. They go out for lunch together, return together, go everywhere together. But I never approached them.

Wooww... u said u saw Bao Chunlai, Lin dan and XXX EVERYDAY?
    Uíre so lucky. I envy you Ö..
    But if Iím in your position, I donít think i have the courage to approach them and ask for autograph.
    Actually I plan to ask for Bao and lin dan autograph in T/C cup macth. Do they speak/understand English???, Ďcause I canít speak Chinese.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jofianty
    Uíre so lucky. I envy you Ö.. Do they speak/understand English???, Ďcause I canít speak Chinese.
    I was staying with my friend who happened to book a room at the official hotel, so yea, I got to see them everyday. Even at the stadium, Lin and Bao were walking around very freely. They weren't so popular back then. Lin kept walking up and down the aisle next to my seat, and eventually ended up on the seat next to me opposite the aisle. They were the videomen for their team.

Jofianty, body language is universal. English is definitely good enough, coupled with a polite smile of cos. After all, what more can a fan ask from them? Just a side note, Xia is supposedly very keen in learning English and would jump at any opportunity to speak it. It may just be the same case for the others as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jofianty
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nauknip
    I see Bao Chunlai and Lin Dan following Xia Xuanze everywhere. They go out for lunch together, return together, go everywhere together. But I never approached them.

U’re so lucky. I envy you …..
    But if I’m in your position, I don’t think i have the courage to approach them and ask for autograph.
    Actually I plan to ask for Bao and lin dan autograph in T/C cup macth. Do they speak/understand English???, ‘cause I can’t speak Chinese.
    Dont hesitate Jofianty or u will regret like i did... i missed three times cos was too shy (Candra, Halim and Chen Jin)..The next day, i didnt really care anymore n took autographs and pics with every player i saw.. Try this if u see them "Ni ke yi gei wo ni de chien ming mah??" or "ke yi pang wo chien ming mah?" sorry im not good in translating cos i never learn chinese... i can speak though... anyone who knows chinese please correct it for me...
    Last edited by *izzyC*; 05-05-2004 at 03:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Koreans were not staying at Maluri. Only the Thais, Myanmar, Nepal and Syria teams were.

The Koreans were surrounded by hordes of girls when they came for Sing Open last year. The reason, I believe, has got to do largely with the Korean craze here so everything Korean was in high demand. Adel and I have shared some very interesting experiences, so maybe if you're interested you can check them out here: http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11347

Quite amusing, but it made Ra Kyung Min, Kim Dong Moon and Lee Kyung Won really happy. And of cos Lee Hyun Il, Shon Seung Mo, Lee Dong Soo and the rest of the guys who looked really satisfied and pleased with the attention they were getting. Haha. Great memories. I wonder who'd come for Sing Open this year given the weird timing at the end of the year. No Ra, no Kim DM, no Lee DS, no Candra...
    im really happy for the koreans (especially kim ).. didnt know they were that popular in Singapore... is candra retiring after Athens too?? NO please... if candra retires then most probably halim is retiring too... how come they all retires at the same time??? triple shots right through my heart...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silvia n i didn't notice LinDan in Spore Open 2003 too.... we were just crazy over Xuanze.... n i remember tat day, Xuanze had a walk over because of injury.... so he didn't play at all....
    silvia n i saw him went out of the stadium... so we chase out.... but too late... he board the bus n left back to the hotel.... arghh.... didn't get to take pics or autographs at all.... or even ask how's his injury or wish him get well soon.......
    after tat we were so sad then we left.... we didn't watch any match at all....
    hence we didn't notice LIn Dan.... hehehe

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast