User Tag List

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *izzyC*
    Im really into Korean players lately especially Kim DM.. He wasnt too friendly though when i saw him the other day...
    Were you with two other girls when you went to look for him before his final match? If yes, then well, it was cos he was warming up and getting ready for his match. If you approached him after the match, it was probably cos they didn't play very well and Ra especially wasn't very pleased at all despite having won the match. Also, they were rushing off. Otherwise, Kim, like Candra, have always been very obliging and would accept most requests for autographs and photos. Great taste.

Please let Candra go to Athens... whoever has the final say.

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze r =p
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, candra is really cute and he has a great personality... but i admire his skills the most... truly a great player...
    Quote Originally Posted by nauknip
    like Candra, have always been very obliging and would accept most requests for autographs and photos. Great taste.

Please let Candra go to Athens... whoever has the final say.
    i think he's cute too.... but he wasn't very friendly tat day when i bump into him at the lobby....
    he, halim n another guy (i donno who) went out, by then i've already check out, n i was at the lobby area.... only candra look into my direction for quite awhile until he walk out of the hotel... so embarassing.... mayb he recognise me.... hahaha.... i donno wat to do at tat time, i simply stare back...
    abt an hr later, they came back... i stop candra at the entrance n ask for photo-taking again... halim n the other guy walk off without waiting for candra.... candra hesitate awhile n look at them.....
    wow... i was so nervous at tat time... so afraid tat he will reject me....
    then he turn back to me n say "OK".... although seems abit unwilling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe next time when you see them , give them a gift or sumthing.. maybe a card to wish them luck. I'm sure they will like it and they will have no problems letting you take pics , give autographs and even shirts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im really into Korean players lately especially Kim DM.. He wasnt too friendly though when i saw him the other day... but he did say sorry to me after he dropped my pen cos my hand was shaking like crazy when i gave it to him... Oh where is he now...... btw, candra is really cute and he has a great personality... but i admire his skills the most... truly a great player...
    If I'm not mistaken the Koreans should be training in the same area as the Malaysian squad...probably around the Bukit Kiara area. Anyone to confirm this??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrura
    If I'm not mistaken the Koreans should be training in the same area as the Malaysian squad...probably around the Bukit Kiara area. Anyone to confirm this??
    korean team training at klba... same place where they held the abc...
    not the same place wit the malaysian team....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Maybe next time when you see them , give them a gift or sumthing.. maybe a card to wish them luck. I'm sure they will like it and they will have no problems letting you take pics , give autographs and even shirts
    u sure they will like it? mayb they will throw it away?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spectra
    korean team training at klba... same place where they held the abc...
    not the same place wit the malaysian team....
    i think so too.... because the koreans r into full-force preparation for Thomas /Uber cup.... so they all went ABC together.... n stay there for training until THomas /Uber cup... but they should b going jakarta this few days

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HoNgHoNg
    u sure they will like it? mayb they will throw it away?
    Most of the time players give autographs , is just out of obligation. We have to treat them like normal pll as well. They know they are the STARS! But after a while , they get bored. They want to be treated like normal pll as well. Giving gifts like food and maybe a thank you card will make them happy. Trust me.. the players prefer food , something they can chew on while trainning or share it with their other players.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrura
    I read that they should be training at KLBA, Cheras, the venue for the just concluded ABC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Most of the time players give autographs , is just out of obligation. We have to treat them like normal pll as well. They know they are the STARS! But after a while , they get bored. They want to be treated like normal pll as well. Giving gifts like food and maybe a thank you card will make them happy. Trust me.. the players prefer food , something they can chew on while trainning or share it with their other players.
    wow u noe them so well.... hahaha
    food? tibits? hahaha donno wat they like....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow nauknip,
    u are really observative... I WAS the one with 2 other girls... i have no choice but to ask for his signature that time cos im afraid i will missed him like the night before... i almost gave up when i couldnt get in.. but i suddenly saw 3 guys getting in... so i ran down and spoilt the guys day(they have to come out in order for me to get in...) i bumped into him twice that day actually when he was rushing to get on his bus.. that time a gal approached him but he kindly rejected though i dont understand what he said( he spoke in Korean language and was pointing towards the bus...btw, does anybody know when are the korean team leaving for Jakarta? i hope i can still make it to klba by tomorrow... im keeping my finger cross... Thanks guys for the information...i really appreciated it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I hope candra can make it to Athens too... but his regular partner, halim seems a bit off form lately... PBSI would most probably pick sigit-trikus over candra-halim... btw, halim is quite good looking despite the "SPECIAL LOOK" he gave me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HoNgHoNg
    wow u noe them so well.... hahaha
    food? tibits? hahaha donno wat they like....
    SOme candies and biscuit bars will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I really appreciate players who agree to autograph and photograph requests before their matches, especially when they are warming up. I remember during the Singapore Open in 2001, I approached Hendrawan when he was warming up and he is one man who takes warm-ups very seriously. It's understandable due to his age and all, so he politely told me, in his exact words, "Later, after the match please." and unfortunately, I never got the chance again. My regret for life.

From then, I never really dared to approach players during their warmups for fear of disturbing them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nauknip
    Actually I really appreciate players who agree to autograph and photograph requests before their matches, especially when they are warming up. I remember during the Singapore Open in 2001, I approached Hendrawan when he was warming up and he is one man who takes warm-ups very seriously. It's understandable due to his age and all, so he politely told me, in his exact words, "Later, after the match please." and unfortunately, I never got the chance again. My regret for life.

From then, I never really dared to approach players during their warmups for fear of disturbing them.
    yah yah... tat isn't a good time....
    tat time at ABC i saw Candra n Halim came out to warm up.... i ask them for autograph n they give it to me.... but as for photo, Halim told me after the match.... luckily i still got met them after the match... if not i'll lost my chances too.....
    u noe? i cant come back spore empty handed.... the feeling will be so.... arghhh
    imagine u go all the way there... pay so much n came back empty handed..... so wasted right???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its understandable for us fans to get autographs and pics.. but we also have to respect the players. Its not that really polite in my opinion to ask for these things when they are doing their warm-up before a game.

Best time to ask is the day or few hrs before the game and after the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like to share my experience with all of u here..

Iím Indonesian, so naturally Iím a big fan of my countryís players..

My most memorable Ďask-for-autograph-and-photographsí thing was in 17 Aug 1998.. I will never forget that day in my whole life..

That yearís Singapore Open Finals was on 16 august, so the next day was Indoís national day.. I had a feeling all the Indo players would be going to the Indo Embassy that morning, so I skipped school just to go and see them (and skip my test as well!)..

I arrived at about 8 am.. I waited till like about 830 and was so disappointed when I didnít see them.. But thank god, at about 9, a whole group of them came walking in.. They were naturally the centre of attraction.. All of us who were there were like staring at them, quite unbelievable that all of them went there.. There they were, waving to all of us and it looked like they were walking down the red carpet.. It just shows how Indoís badminton players are treated like some movie stars in Indo..

And there were bodyguards too, some representatives of the Embassy.. They were brought into a place for their own private space.. After the whole singing ceremony, we were allowed to mingle with the players.. (Yohooooo!!) The first autograph I asked for was Sigitís (my fav. player, but I was so disappointed with him after he was tested positive for drugs a few weeks after that final vs Ricky/Rexy, nevertheless, heís still one of my fav.).. Being a 14-year-old girl at that time, I went around hunting for autographs like some crazy fan.. Then I asked for Candraís.. He was among one of the friendliest.. All the fans were flocking around him.. I think he stood at the same spot for about 15 mins signing autographs and taking pictures.. Ricky Soebagdja was one of the faves of those down there.. He just sat at a corner and people came non stop to him taking pictures and autographs.. For the whole time he was there, he was just at THAT corner, didnít even have the chance to get the refreshments provided.. Then I saw this person talking to Candra, and I guessed he must be a player too.. So I asked his autograph without knowing who he was.. A couple of months later, then I realized he was Taufik Hidayat!!

Other than those mentioned above, I also had autographs from Hendrawan, Rexy, Eng Hian, Johan Hadikusuma(representing HK), Deyana Lomban(no longer playing), Lidya Djaelawidjaya(no longer playing), Marleve Mainaky(representing Swiss), Christian Hadinata, Tony, Halim, Alan Budikusuma, Susy Susanti, Mia Audina (she was with her husband, had not left for Netherlands then).. My biggest regret was not having the chance to take photographs with Alan, Susy and Mia.. Alan and Susy retired soon after or a year later, thus I never had the chance again.. I remembered feeling very, very excited when I saw them.. I thought I can only see Alan and Susy through our TV screens..

Then all of them left for the airport at around 1030..

I stopped asking for autographs 2 yrs ago.. I donít think itís appropriate for my age now.. Feels kind of embarrassing.. Now, whenever I see them, I only request for a picture taken.. I never failed to take a picture with Candra every year he was here for Sgp Open..

Talking about Candra, my classmate used to stay in the same hostel where Candraís cousin was staying at.. Her guardian is a friend of Candra too.. Iím not sure if itís 1998 or 1999, Candra went to their hostel to visit his cousin and friend.. My friend called me up to say that he was in their hostel and she had the chance to chat with him!! I was like urrgghhhhhhh!! I wanted to go there but it was already around 8 at night, and thereís a curfew in my hostel.. Urrgghhhh..

Ok, forget it.. Itís all over..

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast