User Tag List

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found out that Candra/Halim wont be going to Athens... sobbing..
    Poor Candra... Halim suffers even more.. he won be playing for tc and now he's not going to Athens...

What is the meaning of Olympic's badminton doubles without the defending champion??

But quite happy cos tony gunawan is back for the tc... Oh, i miss him so much...

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze r =p
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *izzyC*
    Just found out that Candra/Halim wont be going to Athens... sobbing..
    Poor Candra... Halim suffers even more.. he won be playing for tc and now he's not going to Athens...
    where u get the news from??? hiaz.... if it's true tat's very sad....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HoNgHoNg
    where u get the news from??? hiaz.... if it's true tat's very sad....
    i got in from today's newspaper... Candra himself confirmed it.. he said he was disappointed but hope that he can perform well for the tc...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that is big news, do you have a link to an internet site for the story?

You should start a new thread for that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got in from today's newspaper... Candra himself confirmed it.. he said he was disappointed but hope that he can perform well for the tc...
    hmm.... i'm disappointed too
    hope he can do well in TC... heheh then i can go get autographs n take photo with him again.....errr... yes AGAIN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it is to be expected when they finished fourth of all the Indonesian pairs on ranking points after the ABC with their defeat by Sigit and Trikus in the final. The first three best pairs of a country who are world-ranked 16th and above will be the limit the Olympics will admit to be fair to other countries.

Actually, had Candra stuck with Sigit as partner, he may qualify for Athens. At least now he can play for Indonesia in the TC in partnership with, ironically, Trikus, to redeem some pride for himself and the country!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Actually it is to be expected when they finished fourth of all the Indonesian pairs on ranking points after the ABC with their defeat by Sigit and Trikus in the final. The first three best pairs of a country who are world-ranked 16th and above will be the limit the Olympics will admit to be fair to other countries.

Actually, had Candra stuck with Sigit as partner, he may qualify for Athens. At least now he can play for Indonesia in the TC in partnership with, ironically, Trikus, to redeem some pride for himself and the country!
    Why cant they just allow all the players in the top 16 to enter the Olympics instead of the "3 pairs per country system".. I don think its fair to players like candra/halim..they have been trying so hard to get themselves in the top 16 and when they finally did, they cant go just because the country has too many top players.... while some players enjoy the smooth ride to Athens
    with their low rankings...no offence to chan-chew, im happy they made it but you can obviously see that candra/halim played better than them and still... This is the last chance for candra/halim and its really disappointing...Imagine if Tony Gunawan didnt left for the states and is still partnering Halim while Candra partnering Sigit, this will be the best Olympics ever..(Mayb just for me )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why cant they just allow all the players in the top 16 to enter the Olympics instead of the "3 pairs per country system".. I don think its fair to players like candra/halim..they have been trying so hard to get themselves in the top 16 and when they finally did, they cant go just because the country has too many top players.... while some players enjoy the smooth ride to Athens
    with their low rankings...no offence to chan-chew, im happy they made it but you can obviously see that candra/halim played better than them and still... This is the last chance for candra/halim and its really disappointing...Imagine if Tony Gunawan didnt left for the states and is still partnering Halim while Candra partnering Sigit, this will be the best Olympics ever..(Mayb just for me )
    err... because olympics is abt competition between countries... haha it's not fair for a country to send an overwhelming number of competitors... then the smaller nations will not be able to stand up to the powerhouses... imagine if they just decide to take the top 32 in terms of world ranking as successful candidates for the olympics... u'd see most of the players coming form that handful of countries only... contrary to the whole concept/idea of the olympics... as it is, not many countries already participate in badminton and permitting qualification based on only ranking certainly does not help to proliferate the sport in other countries... if ranking should be concerned, i guess it is more pertinent to discuss that for the world championships...

it is saddening that a talent like candra will not be participating but we have to also realise that the olympics is as much a competition between nations as TC UC or SC... so the choice was ultimately in the hands of pbsi who to field to fight for glory for indonesia...

hee... just a humble opinion...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think khelben is right.

The Olympic ideal is quite different as it has the "brotherhood of man" concept behind it. As many participants from as many countries in the world, big and small, so as to bring the most promising young athletes together at least once every four years. It is part contribution to peace and understanding on earth. It is always a wonderful sight to see on TV a united nation of so many young people of different colours and nationalities converging in the stadium on the last day to say farewell. But as with all things, the Olympics has its fair share of shortcomings and limitations.

That's why in world badminton, we have different tournaments catering to different needs. As mentioned, the World Championships and the Masters allow only the best to be represented, the Satellite tournaments, such as the recently concluded Thai Asian Satellite Open, is a platform for the up-and-coming stars to display their skills and get noticed.

Can you imagine if you allow only the best to be represented at the Olympics, many Chinese MS and WS will qualify and they will dominate the Games. You will then not see South Africa and the other badminton weak nations being represented. You will not see on the telly a strange looking fellow struggling to complete the race way behind the champion runner. Yet by being last and making his appearance in the stadium just to get to the finishing line demonstrates his desire and determination to stand tall for his little-known country and this deserves the thunderous applause from the spectators.

Unfortunately in Candra/Halim's case, although they are good, they still fail to qualify. The last-minutes changes by PBSI, Candra's own unfortunate circumstances like being injured and contacting dengue fever and being beaten by arch rivals, Sigit/Trikus at the ABC Final, all contributed to their downfall. But the targets were all set in advance and the pair knew what they must do to qualify. Somehow, Sigit/Trikus beat them to it.

As they say, you win some, you lose some!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Khelben and Loh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope to collect more autographs during thomas cup this time..... hehe
    maybe after tat i can get them scanned when i come back n post some here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nauknip
    I remember during the Singapore Open in 2001, I approached Hendrawan.... he politely told me, in his exact words, "Later, after the match please." and unfortunately, I never got the chance again. My regret for life.
    YAYY!!! My friend has gotten his autograph for me!!! Hendrawan was there for the INA-MAS quarterfinal. I can't wait to receive the real thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nauknip
    YAYY!!! My friend has gotten his autograph for me!!! Hendrawan was there for the INA-MAS quarterfinal. I can't wait to receive the real thing.
    wow... congrats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im really jealous...u are one lucky fella...Hendrawan.. *sobbing*...Candra..*sobbing even louder*...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im really jealous...u are one lucky fella...Hendrawan.. *sobbing*...Candra..*sobbing even louder*...
    did u saw candra on tv yesterday? during sony vs wong ch's match i think hehehe.... he was sitting at the back... talking to someone (i donno who)
    yah quite sad... he didn't play much in TC this time n he's not going olympics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help needed

hi, i'm new in this forum here. i'll be so grateful if any of u attending thomas cup in jakarta to help me get the autographs of the players, esp the china's players. i actually wanted to go but having an important matter back at hometown restricted me from doing so... i really look forward to get a signature from them............. thank u for those who can help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in that game, the seat position is candra-leony-ricky subagja, so he's probably talking to either of them

FYI Leony is an actress-singer from INA

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast