Is IP coded rackets worth more / collectable?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Sep 29, 2013.

1. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Since they are quite rare and (some say) better quality than normal retail rackets?

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I don't know since when people said they are better than normal rackets

IP is short for International pacific

source: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...the-quot-IP-quot-Yonex-code?highlight=IP+code

so what is rare and better quality about them? they are some "spare" rackets that shipped if there is a shortage

3. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

There is common understanding in my country whereby IP is a specific code designated for Indonesian national players sponsored by YY. This code consists of (i) IP code without PBSI Logo / Blank, and (ii) IP code with PBSI Logo.

Nevertheless, for top Indonesian player(s) sponsored by YY, there is also another IN Code. During Indonesia Super Series 2012, my friend won the auction of Arcsaber 10 IN Code from Taufik Hidayat. I have the pics at the time, but now I forgot where did I save such pics in my hdd. Further, I recently heard that there is also Nanoray 800 IN and Arcsaber FB IN, which are used by Hendra Setiawan and Mohammad Ahsan, respectively.

Last but not least, I have to put a disclaimer whereby this is a perspective, which is based on the common knowledge held by my colleague from our local badminton forum.

4. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Well, I did managed to get an IP coded Voltric 80 from a certain member here used by Tony Gunawan himself which would probably not see any court time at all as I'll just have it as a collectible...

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    wow, nice :)
    but Tony Gunawan is not Indonesian player anymore, and as VT80 is produced long after he is retired, then maybe it is just by chance he has the IP code.

but it is funny (and incompetent) if Yonex have 2 IP code which is International Pacific and Indonesian Player

**plus some reported the KP (korean player code) is actually has thinner shaft, one thing for sure it will break really fast

6. iworkjobs

iworkjobs New Member

which is based on the common knowledge held by my colleague from our local badminton forum.
    [​IMG]

7. clawhammers

Revision:

"local badminton forum " means a nation-wide online forum in Indonesia.

It's a common known perspective representing almost all online badminton fans / community here

I personally consider such information would be sufficient to be trusted.

8. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    tepokbulu.com ?

9. clawhammers

yes.

(10 char)

10. carltan101

carltan101 Regular Member

student
    I don't think that different coded rackets perform differently. If you believe that it is different, you're gonna believe that it feels different when you play it. It's all psychological. I'm saying this because I've tested 2 arc10s (JP&SP) and they felt pretty much the same.

11. thekong

thekong Regular Member

I agree that there is not much difference in performance between the codes. Actually, as they are pretty much handmade, each racket may feel slightly different! Sometimes, like in the case of Z Slash TH, there is a slight different in color between the JP and SP code that I have. However I am not sure if that was just due to different production date / batches

I can believe that Yonex reserved the cosmetically better finished (probably by more experienced workers) products for the Japanese market, as they are more picky in this sort of things.

Once when I was in Japan, I went to get some crispy biscuits with a local friend. When I just stuffed the biscuits into my backpack, the sales lady was in shock. Later on my friend told me she was afraid that I would ask for a return later if those biscuits broke in my backpack! This is what the Japanese market is like, customer service is king!