Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    That's correct.
    Thanks! That's good news!

Is there any other machine that would be worth considering ?

Maybe Li-Ning/Victor/Adidas machines ?
    Last edited by yan.v; 10-03-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Well say someone wants 22.5lbs, having to set my machine at 22lbs and increase prestretch by X% is a disadvantage to me, and also seems a little arbitrary. While the customer might not feel the difference, it is not something that I'd like to have to do.

I think .5 lbs increments would be the maximum increment I could tolerate.

As for the ES5 ProTech vs the ES5 Pro, the comment was more directed towards Mark. You were pretty clear for the Protech 8 :P I think @kwun also had the luck of testing these two machines, so he could probably lighten us for the difference between both of them.
    protech vs pro. mechanically, they are almost the same thing. same feel, but with a little bit of cosmetic updates here and there. akin to Honda Civic getting a minor yearly update, Honda might have make little changes here and there, but overall, it is still the same thing. and for all intend and purposes, it will not affect the result of your stringing.

except for that 1 vs. 0.5 lbs increment. which is really a bummer.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i was really impressed with the adidas machine. the only thing i'd change is the curved rail. other than that, it is very very solid and easy to use. ergonomic and operation was very smooth. i strung 2 rackets with it. the second one was the one which was recorded. with that little amount of time, i did a 19min string job. that really tells how smooth and speedy the operation is.

The top end Victor is also very interesting. similar to the Victor. unfortunately i have not used it before.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i was really impressed with the adidas machine. the only thing i'd change is the curved rail. other than that, it is very very solid and easy to use. ergonomic and operation was very smooth. i strung 2 rackets with it. the second one was the one which was recorded. with that little amount of time, i did a 19min string job. that really tells how smooth and speedy the operation is.

The top end Victor is also very interesting. similar to the Victor. unfortunately i have not used it before.
    Top end Victor is similar to the Victor ? :P

Also, is the ES5 Pro an update of the ES5 ProTech with 1lb increments instead, or is the ES5 ProTech an update with .5lbs increments and better aesthetics ?

And regarding the Adidas/Yonex machines, are they also OK to string Tennis rackets with ?

Thanks for all the info!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know for a fact that the Yonex Protech 5 and 8 can string tennis.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm double post..
    Last edited by yan.v; 10-04-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinhity View Post
    I know for a fact that the Yonex Protech 5 and 8 can string tennis.
    Is it efficient to do so ? I mean, Babolat overlooked badminton with their machines, did Yonex overlook tennis or is it as good for tennis as it is for badminton ?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is it efficient to do so ? I mean, Babolat overlooked badminton with their machines, did Yonex overlook tennis or is it as good for tennis as it is for badminton ?
    Yonex is as much a tennis company as it is a badminton company. considering the size and beefiness, i'd risk to say that the machine was designed for tennis and adapted to badminton.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Top end Victor is similar to the Victor ? :P

Also, is the ES5 Pro an update of the ES5 ProTech with 1lb increments instead, or is the ES5 ProTech an update with .5lbs increments and better aesthetics ?

And regarding the Adidas/Yonex machines, are they also OK to string Tennis rackets with ?

Thanks for all the info!
    ops next time i need to remember to proof read a few times when i make a post right after i wake up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was really impressed with the adidas machine. the only thing i'd change is the curved rail.
    May I know why?
    From the way I see it, the curved rails may provide an extra space in the middle of turntable, perhaps allowing a 360degree of base clamps rotation when located close between each other. (I'm just visualize it in my mind)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MjölnirSlinger View Post
    May I know why?
    From the way I see it, the curved rails may provide an extra space in the middle of turntable, perhaps allowing a 360degree of base clamps rotation when located close between each other. (I'm just visualize it in my mind)
    i don't see the need for that to happen during normal operation. when stringing mains, one of the clamp is always near the ends of the table. when stringing cross, we are stepping left/right/left/right clamps.

the reason i didn't like it is when i string the mains, moving/dragging the base from one end of the table to the other requires dragging it in a curved path. otherwise it sometimes get stuck in certain angles, making the operation less smooth. also, a straight path is always faster than a curved path.

and for no reason as all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't see the need for that to happen during normal operation. when stringing mains, one of the clamp is always near the ends of the table. when stringing cross, we are stepping left/right/left/right clamps.

the reason i didn't like it is when i string the mains, moving/dragging the base from one end of the table to the other requires dragging it in a curved path. otherwise it sometimes get stuck in certain angles, making the operation less smooth. also, a straight path is always faster than a curved path.

and for no reason as all.
    I could have guess that base clamps might get stuck during dragging..
    Thank you.. I truly enjoy knowing some personal experience and preference from fellow forumers..

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got the pricing info for the Adidas machines and it is VERY interesting.

It looks amazing and seems to have everything I need. Only bummer is I'd have to pay about 25% more to get a crank adjustment for the height (instead of the classic lift and pin) and some "Cripper Jam: Up-Down" instead of "Cripper Jam: Fixed", any idea what that is ?

Overall, the machine seems very interesting for the price I can get it for.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell, the Adidas machines are just Victor machines with Adidas stickers on them, so you might be able to get the equivalent Adidas machine with "Victor" written on it for a lower price.

The Victor machine on which the Adidas electronic machine looks to be based is excellent... but for those curved rails. The automatic clamp bases are second only to the Yonex ones.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    As far as I can tell, the Adidas machines are just Victor machines with Adidas stickers on them, so you might be able to get the equivalent Adidas machine with "Victor" written on it for a lower price.

The Victor machine on which the Adidas electronic machine looks to be based is excellent... but for those curved rails. The automatic clamp bases are second only to the Yonex ones.
    The Adidas machine looks different from the Victor machine, feature wise and build wise. It also costs less than Victor's.

I'm kinda bummed it doesn't have a diablo though
    Last edited by yan.v; 10-05-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Adidas machine looks different from the Victor machine, feature wise and build wise. It also costs less than Victor's.

I'm kinda bummed it doesn't have a diablo though
    Indeed. The rising tensioner is a very welcome feature, but how much would a diabolo have cost them? Surely less than the machining of that "lozenge" on the tension arm!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only that, but the rising tensioner does not help reduce the stress on the string. I'm not sure it is that much needed for badminton (probably for 35+ lbs), but I know it is for tennis.

I think I could do without it though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast