User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Adidas, Victor and Alpha machines are all made by the Exthree/Poreex.

as far as the diablo, i think they haven't figured out how to efficiently put a diablo, a riser and the gripper into one unit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Not only that, but the rising tensioner does not help reduce the stress on the string. I'm not sure it is that much needed for badminton (probably for 35+ lbs), but I know it is for tennis.

I think I could do without it though.
    the main use of the diablo is to reduce the clamping force on the string. given how some strings have pretty fragile coating (bg85, nbg98), i actually find it quite useful.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Adidas, Victor and Alpha machines are all made by the Exthree/Poreex.

as far as the diablo, i think they haven't figured out how to efficiently put a diablo, a riser and the gripper into one unit.
    Yeah I did think it was made by the same manufacturer (maybe even Li-Ning machines). I do appreciate that they are different though, not only visually, but conceptually (to a certain level).

Since you have tried both the ProTech and the Adidas machines, may I ask you this ultimate question kwun. Would you choose the ProTech or the Adidas, assuming you had to choose, knowing that the ProTech costs a little less than double the Adidas ?
    Last edited by yan.v; 10-05-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big disappointment, Adidas machines warranty is only 1 year

Back to square one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big disappointment, Adidas machines warranty is only 1 year

Back to square one!
    PROTECH has 3 year warranty.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I did think it was made by the same manufacturer (maybe even Li-Ning machines). I do appreciate that they are different though, not only visually, but conceptually (to a certain level).

Since you have tried both the ProTech and the Adidas machines, may I ask you this ultimate question kwun. Would you choose the ProTech or the Adidas, assuming you had to choose, knowing that the ProTech costs a little less than double the Adidas ?
    ops. missed this post.

hm... cost of Protech is way up there. but even if i have $10k spare, i think i will get a Adidas. really the only thing that i think Protech has that completely trumps the Adidas are the clamps. for $5k more, i don't think the clamps are worth that much. besides, i vaguely remember we can buy those Toyo clamps separately with the same shaft.

that will leave me another $4k spare. that's a lot of rackets.

another thing i don't like is that the Protech is really a tennis machine. the portions and string distances are too big for badminton. not to say that the Adidas is compact, but as a whole package, the Adidas seems more proportional for badminton.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ops. missed this post.

hm... cost of Protech is way up there. but even if i have $10k spare, i think i will get a Adidas. really the only thing that i think Protech has that completely trumps the Adidas are the clamps. for $5k more, i don't think the clamps are worth that much. besides, i vaguely remember we can buy those Toyo clamps separately with the same shaft.

that will leave me another $4k spare. that's a lot of rackets.

another thing i don't like is that the Protech is really a tennis machine. the portions and string distances are too big for badminton. not to say that the Adidas is compact, but as a whole package, the Adidas seems more proportional for badminton.
    That's kind of what I was thinking, but since I haven't tried both of them it was hard to confirm. Thanks for your insight!

If the warranty was the same as other stringing machine brands, I think I'd be all over it. But I wouldn't want to have to spend a lot of money on a machine that isn't yet profitable for repairs, and I think it'd take a more than one year to cover the cost of the machine with the amount of rackets I string per year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's kind of what I was thinking, but since I haven't tried both of them it was hard to confirm. Thanks for your insight!

If the warranty was the same as other stringing machine brands, I think I'd be all over it. But I wouldn't want to have to spend a lot of money on a machine that isn't yet profitable for repairs, and I think it'd take a more than one year to cover the cost of the machine with the amount of rackets I string per year.
    did you decide on which stringing machine to get? I'm kind of in the same boat with a little less budget. Fall back is 6004+wise, but I could stretch a little more to get an all in one electronic.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madnut View Post
    did you decide on which stringing machine to get? I'm kind of in the same boat with a little less budget. Fall back is 6004+wise, but I could stretch a little more to get an all in one electronic.
    Might get the Adidas machine as it seems to be the best one to get for the money. It costs a little less than the other machines.

If you have less budget, I think you should look at Alpha machines like the Alpha Ghost.
    http://alphatennis.webstarts.com/machine_ghost.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the plunge and ordered a LiNing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZbadman View Post
    I took the plunge and ordered a LiNing
    You plan to sell the Toyo clamps ;-) or are you planning to put them on the Li ning machine?

If you plan to sell them I got dibs!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post
    You plan to sell the Toyo clamps ;-) or are you planning to put them on the Li ning machine?

If you plan to sell them I got dibs!

Howie: I love them so much that I may order another set for the LiNing depending on how the clamps are on that bad boy. It took me a while to realize just how good these clamps are. One of those moments where after you use them for say 20 racquets and then you go back and try the old clamps....you finally realize that the new clamps are just a whole level better that the old. LOL......

I have a feeling the clamps that come on the LiNing are somewhat like the other ones I have. I most likely will be using the Toyo clamps on the LiNing as well....
    E3000 Ultimate will be in my hands this Thursday!! Can't wait.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azbadman View Post
    i took the plunge and ordered a lining
    really?!!!! =(

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

these days, i think the best bang for the buck machine would be the Alpha Ghost. for around $2500 it has a pretty well spec'ed machine sharing the same base features as other top end machine from Poreex/Exthree such as Victor / Adidas.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO Star5 for badminton. It was never designed for badminton. Please trust me on that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Li Ning is made by Porex/Exthree Taiwan

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a nice thing coming soonish

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast