Is this stringing machine suitable for badminton?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ucantseeme, Oct 4, 2013.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hey guys,

don't beat me ;) I'm a noob when it comes to stringing machines. I can get this machine at a decent price via Internet. Current owner don't know if it's suitable to string badminton rackets and I don't have the possibility to try it before I buy it. It looks a bit old and I'm not sure it the 6 point support (4 and 10 and 2 and 8 O'clock) will work for badminton rackets because there is not a wide range of adjustment. It would be very nice if any of the old guys know this type of machine and can help me. Thanks a lot. :)

y.JPG

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    This machine seems to be in great condition, however the side supports seem to be adjustable only for tennis rackets (and even then, it might not even fit the smaller tennis rackets).

Even if the racket hypothetically worked for badminton rackets, I wouldn't buy it because it probably wouldn't fit every types of frames.

3. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    my first drop weight was older type and worse than this, I think with some fabrication, you can modify it to make it fit most badminton racquets, it has 6 pnts independent adjustable, and you can adjust 2 posts further or closer depend on the length of the racquet head, another good thing about this is, adjustable weight level, easier to make the weight horizontal to match the desire tension, the down side is, take time to adjust 6 points independent, and dropweight machine. if u'r stringing for yourself, then it's ok, take me about 1hr for this kind of machine, I only string 3-4 times a month. you need flying clamps for badminton and other tools too.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Doesn't look like the shoulder supports will move far enough in to touch a badminton racket, to be honest.

You could use it as a 2-pointer, or have your own supports made/modified, I suppose.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I used to have a similar designed machine. Like the others pointed out, the side supports look quite suspect for badminton racquets. The other point is how the string is held. It looks like it is just wound around the red circular attachment. Personally, I don't like that having tried a very simple stringing machine like that before.