User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i often have a chance to play with a palyer...who actually won an international under 15 tennis championshipp.....is an awosme pkayer...also of badminton...he idnt want to try national....
    when i play with himi feel my game is improved ...althu i lose the game everytime

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    I have played with professionals and I find the experiences humbling indeed.
    Way back in 1957 when I was studying in Melbourne, I came to know the Australian singles champion quite well. His name is Ong Eng Hong and he was a past Malaysian youth champion before becoming the Australian champion. He used to drop at my place and we would go to a nearby court to have a knock-up. We would play 2 against 1, meaning my regular doubles partner (who was a very good singles and doubles player) and myself would play him. We never got to beat him even once, and my partner and I were Grade A doubles champions of the state of Victoria at that time(Grade A was one grade below the Open grade at that time). He was so fast; and what beautiful repertoire of strokes he had!
    Hi Taneepak

I just found one very old photo, probably taken in the eighties, and wonder whether you are talking about the same Ong Eng Hong. He is the one standing second from the left with dark glasses. The film was overexposed and as it was kept for so long and only converted to digital recently, you may find difficulty identifying the man!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you guys say that the experiences might sometimes seem like a tournament experience in that you improve so much in a tournament, and are stretched to your limits to win against opponents who are just as good or better than you. I swear, if I went to a tournament every month, I would be twice as good as I am now. One weekend at a tournament and you improve just as much as if you had been training for at least a month or more.

I have had the experience when playing players who are much better than me (I wouldn't dare play a national or international player for at least another 5 years) and I've had the same feeling as most of you guys had. It's so mezmerizing watching how they apparently seem to walk to the bird, relaxed, take a stroke, and send you running after it. It makes your court suddenly seem so small, and all your efforts and reaches futile.

At the same time, it made me realize that it wasn't neccessarily how much you seemed to run as it was how smooth you were. I mean I could be running everywhere and dead by the second game, but I could be calm if I learned to lunge and react faster. It's such a strange and humbling thing to see players just sort of walk, stare the bird, wait for it, and just flick and send you running again. All the while, they look as though they were at walking speed, while you are running everywhere without any success.

Does anyone know professional players who play in Vancouver - I heard there were a few at the VRC(some lady was ranked 16th in the worlds way back in her prime I heard)? I'm not too familiar with the national and international players actually. I have never gotten the chance to look at their games or anything...anywhere I can get those? And of course hollyburn country club produces national players, and the head coach there is from China...but I don't have the luxery of paying about $10,000 a year for a membership just to have a chance to see her maybe once a week...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have played a little with Mark Burgess at a demonstration but nothing like the legends you guys have played with. He wasn't really trying at all, but it was good anyway. Also our coach is pretty damn good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played with Mia Audina a couple of years ago. I played a mix dubble against some less famous guys from the Netherlands. Mia Audina is pretty famous now, by winning silver at athens, so I'm pretty proud to have played along her side

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cool Experience!!!

I haven't played with pros. But with this guy from a university club.. He's real good, and he asked me to play with him. We rallied and then we played a doubles game. I sorta brought him down. We played against these other guys that were older and better than me. I'm not that bad, better than most people in my school. Got 2 mvp awards, but when compared to them, i wasn't all that great. They were crazy, i had lots of fun, but missed on some shots. But u'll learn alot playing against people. Even if u lose, u'll learn why u lost and how u can improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I defeated my coach 15-0

Two days before my first local tournament, I managed to defeat my coach, who was Iranian ex-national team player, 15-0 . It was astounishing and I never forget that day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink play with pros

Yes, I do have the experience when I was a teenager. Running around the court like a mad dog. Good experience indeed. Enjoyed the torture. After a few years, my turn to torture other new players. haha.
    /.../
    Last edited by Mag; 10-11-2004 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Advertising

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremepower
    Let me know if you are keen on new rackets. other readers welcome.
    There is a Market Place forum for individual trading of equipment. Advertising other than for individual sales - or in the wrong forum - will not be popular, especially when it is totally irrelevant to the putative content of your posts.

This is a site to discuss badminton and other topics, not a marketing opportunity. Please treat it with respect and stop spamming.
    Last edited by jamesd20; 10-11-2004 at 10:50 AM. Reason: deleting web address from advertising

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend is g2 indonesia soon and he'll play with taufik hidayat... yes, the olympic medallist, not the other one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woops! double post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink pro in nsw, australia

Have you tried playing with Dr Iggy Gan from NSW? He stays in Wollongong now and still playing at the uni. Truly veteran and a great player. Punch Gunalan Senior.
    rgds

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    I don't know whether it is the same person, but we used to play with someone with that name, or close to it, in the mid-80's at the inadequate Chinese YMCA Hall at Palmer Road. He was like a convenor to us, very friendly, a gentleman and was still very good with his badminton although he must be close to 50 years then. I think he worked for Ong & Co, a firm of stockbrokers. Maybe he was related to the owners with that same surname. I recalled that he had connections with Australia, probably as a student. But I have not seen him for a long time now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Training with Misbun Sidek, Roslin Hashim and Hafiz Hashim

This pics taken during my training sessions with Nusa Mahsuri Club.

I played with Roslin Hashim ( 2-7 )
    Managed to secure two points..that's good enough..hehe.

I played with Misbun Sidek ( 0-5 )
    He's simply superb and I cant even play my normal game.

By the way,this is a good exposure for me as an ex Zone Bangsar player and currently university player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It didn't load up for me. Can you upload the pics instead of linking them?

Thanks.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    It didn't load up for me. Can you upload the pics instead of linking them?

Thanks.

-dave
    I wish I get a chance to play against pros. =/
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default All the best..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave18
    I wish I get a chance to play against pros. =/
    Where are you staying? If you are still young and train hard enough, there is still chance to play against pros. I hope that one day u can play with pros.
    All the best dave..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that's excellent! How did you get picked up into the national badminton scene? Were you training for a while, or just have raw talent?!

-dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast