Please recommend me a racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by josesl16, Oct 6, 2013.

1. josesl16

josesl16 New Member

Student
    Hello everyone, I'm new here :)

I'm currently looking for a new racket to replace my good-old Yonex Carbonex 8 SP(passed down from my father, it's really durable :eek:).

I personally think that I'm a lower intermediate player, being able to hit major shots from almost all positions consistently, although I've only been properly trained for around one and a half years. My weak spots are backhand from the baseline, and strong smash returns. I'm still not sure what my style of play is, but I think it's geared a bit towards control.

I'm searching for a racket with slightly similar feel to the Carbonex 8 SP(which is a balanced racket but can hit pretty hard), just a size or two lighter(actually, as light as possible, as long as it doesn't sacrifice on durability and power too much), and slightly-head light, I think, as I would like to be quicker and have a faster response. As for flexibility, I'm not sure. Medium-stiff, maybe? My Budget is something less than $150, which probably means more mid-ranges. Preferably Yonex, since availability is highest in here. Suggestion from other brands and prices are welcome, though. Fancy colours are a good welcome, too!:p

As for other rackets that I have tried, there really haven't been noticeable difference to me, somehow. I used my friend's Yonex Carbonex 9 Tour SP, Yonex Isometric Lite, Proace Sweetspot 3000, Arcsaber something, and some other I don't remember. They all felt the same, somehow, just slightly lighter(and cooler). Either the rackets I tried or I am wrong, haha. Oh, before the Cab 8 SP I used some Winstar and Proteam rackets around 3$ that were obviously crap(but usable :rolleyes:).

Also, is this matrix graph from Yonex accurate?
    http://www.yonex.com/products/badminton-racquet-matrix/

I want the Arcsaber FB, but some people around here said its frame is rather weak and prone to impact, and it's also pretty expensive(that Sonic Blue *_*). So instead, I'm looking into the Arcsaber(particularly Arcsaber 6,7, and i-Slash), and Nanoray(particularly Nanoray 60 and 600).

Please recommend me a good racket, and thank you in advance for everyone that bothered to read this post and reply!

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Those Yonex rackets you mention are a good start.

Also if you can, consider the Adidas AdiZero Pro. It's only 82g, mid flex and likely balanced.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    nanoray is on the "lighter" side and some are head light as well. i would guess a mid range nanoray would have a more flexible shaft since my nr800 and both 700s are pretty stiff and my 300 is super flexible but even balanced and heavier than the 700s and 800.

4. josesl16

josesl16 New Member

Student
    Hi Visor, I've looked into the Adidas AdiZero Pro, it seems like it's a bit head-heavy, doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being lighter in the first place? Although, it looks like it's pretty balanced.

Hi gundamzaku, does it mean the lower range the more flexible?(in nanoray)

5. visor

visor Regular Member

It's quite light so despite a tall bp, it's a lowish swing wt. Give it a dry swing in the store and you'll see.

6. Darth vader

Darth vader Regular Member

Sith Lord
    I would suggest you take a look at carbonex 20, victor bs LYD or karakal bn 60 n 65.

:)

7. rssadhasivam

rssadhasivam New Member

Business
    I am a attacking player,I used MP 23,my smasher are near the net,but most feathers are going out of the court,What can I do?how to improve?

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

learn how to read thread titles so you can ask in the correct one? Better yet, make your own thread.

9. laksaman57

laksaman57 Regular Member

Retired
    Highly recommend ProAce Titanium 11 (if you can still find it)

10. sanredrose

sanredrose Regular Member

Engineer
    Arcsaber 6 is a good choice, but i have found that the quality varies a bit between different pieces. It most likely due to the fact that its made in taiwan. Having said that i have a Voltric 5 racquet, which is made in taiwan as well, but its an excellent piece and served well as a great racquet for my initial days.

Arcsaber FB - stay away. This racquet is a travesty in my opinion. I have seen this racquet break after one or two bat clashes.

Nanoray series is not necessarily head light. Some of the racquets in this series are kind of even balance, though yonex claims its to be head light. (For ex: Nanoray 700-RP is an even balance racquet in my opinion, though yonex claims that its head light).

Adizero Pro is a very nice racquet and i would rate it as even balance. The little bit of a higher balance point aids in your smashes and backcourt clears. For all net shots and mid court rallies, i would rate this racquet as even balanced unit.

11. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Go and try this .... Carbonex20sp ... stop wasting your time ... after all the "flirting" with isometric or whatever other racquets, you will still end up with this one ... once a Carbonex user , always a Carbonex user ... but don't take my word for it, it is FUNtrying out all sorts of the new-fangled racquets in the market, I know I enjoyed testing a lot of them ... before I "settle down" again ... just like getting married, before marrying the girl-next-door, go and sow some wild oats !!! :p

Been there , done that ... buy the same "old" racquet again !! :D - this time around I got 3 spares !!!