Need HEADLIGHT racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Accuracy, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Accuracy

Accuracy Regular Member

Hi i want to get a new racket . Preferrably Headlight .
    Im 5.6 , i generate too much force , i want a headlight racket to help my defence and also because of my overpowered and tense hand.

Budget is 250$
    Im thinking of the Nanoray Z Speed
    nrzsp.jpg

Brave Sword 15
    brswrd15.jpg

If i ever get these rackets , ill also string them with either BG66 Ultimax or Nanogy 99 at 23 lbs

Thanks for the help :)

2. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    BRS15 is head heavy and powerful, not for your requirements, imo .....

How about the Nanoray 750?

3. Accuracy

Accuracy Regular Member

Nah , i dont want an old racket , im getting to use this for 3-5 yrs . If im getting a nanoray i might be getting an 800 or a zSpeed , i think zSpeed is better . What do you think? How about the ARCFB and ARCZS , im also thinking about those for added control......

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    You'd be disappointed with the ZSpeed if you want a headlight racquet.

Also, there's nothing wrong with buying an older racquet if it compliments your game. The last few racquets I've purchased are all about a year old (from launch date) and they're all fantastic. In fact, you're probably better off getting a slightly older racquet as there would be more information/reviews on them to help you decide.

When you say headlight, I think you'd get better responses if you were more specific since someone's perception of head light could be even balanced etc. Do you know what BP and weight you prefer?

5. Accuracy

Accuracy Regular Member

Yes , a voltric weight would be fine for me . Also , why did you say that i would be dissapointed with the ZSP?

6. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Are you looking for a head heavy racquet, or a head light one?

7. Accuracy

Accuracy Regular Member

Headlight , preferrably

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

voltrics are head heavy... z-speed is head heavy.

neither are what you're looking for

#8 amleto, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

NanoRay 750 is newer than the 800 you know (iirc) ;). But NR800 sounds like the choice here ... or FlashBoost :D

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Firstly, we need to establish a difference between weight and balance. It sounds like the OP is not clear on this.

A head heavy racquet can be very light in weight. Equally, a head light racquet can be very heavy in weight.

The balance plays a big factor in how a racquet feels, so it is important to know what balance (dry) you prefer.

Overal weights of racquets are classified in increments of 5g less than 100g. So U = 5g less than 100 (95g), 2U is 90g, 3U is 85g etc. These are all dry weights - no strings, no overgrips etc.

Secondly, don't be fooled into buying the latest "technology". Whilst some of the technology does make a difference, you shouldn't blindly buy the latest gear just because it has newer tech. Going back on my previous post about my last few racquets, actually they're more like several years old.

NS9900, ArcZS, Arc 8DX, BSLYD, BS10, BS11 and now MXJJS.

I would suggest you measure the DRY weight and BP of the racquet you like the most first. Then think about how you would like to improve on it.

11. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you just want a new racket because it's new, then get the flashboost and string it higher than 23lbs, that will give you the control you'll need.

if you want to improve because it's something that your old racket is not giving you, then just restring your old racket and bump up the tension by 2-3lbs at a time. there's no need to buy a new racket.

you say you generate too much force, that means you have a good amount of strength, i would be surprised that you can't use that strength for defense. and if you are actually overpowering everything, then it's not the racket, you'll just need to learn how to be soft with your wrist in your shots. :)

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO the BS15 and NRZS are not the rackets you are loccking for. There is nothing wrong to buy an older racket. Victor bumps to easy and fast rackets, so I would look for a Yonex. You can actually find NS9000 and AT700. Yonex delivers a good guarentee to get a type and model over 4-7 years.
    To your problem. If you are too strong and hit to hard it's up to you to adjust. I had in the past the problem that my clear was everytime out. So I tried to increase tension up to 31lbs and hit out. So I changed my strength, force and technique and it worked good.

13. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Thx , now im looking into the 750 and the ZSP , 750 paintjob looks incredibly sick . Im also worried with the flashb , i might break it easily . Also , my last racket weighed 95g . Prince Powerline 1200 , old , so im want a new one . Any comparison between the 750 and ZSP? Help will be greatly appreciated

14. yeahehehehe

Yes lol , i thought it was older , the paintjob of the 750 wont make me sleep . It makes me think about it everytime . Hahaha

15. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I am sorry but I am kind of confused w/ what the OP wants/needs. Sounds like powerful or not enough power from him so he wants a headlight racket? If he is powerful then he cannot be TENSE doing a shot. Badminton power strokes are performed by fluid (n somewhat relaxed) swings, "WHIPPING" the racket face perpendicularly on the shuttlecock.

Just as gundamzaku said, he needs to adjust his shots if he is too powerful. If he doesn't have enough power then he has to improve his strokes and most probably footwork too. The power comes from the player, not the racket. Contrary to what most people believe, it is much harder to do proper power shots w/ headlight rackets because w/ such rackets your strokes has to be close to perfect to produce decent amount of power due to lack of momentum of the HH rackets.

16. yeahehehehe

Sorry , Accuracy was my other account , now it's locked . All i want is to compare my Z Speed to the Nanoray 750 . IM VERY SORRY . Im too ashamed of saying this , it just seems that im not enjoying with it . Yes , I want a headlight racket because i generate too much force . And of what i mean by tense is that , i just hit the shuttle , i dont care where it goes . Im working on my shots now , my footwork is already excellent . All i want to know now is what's better , 750 or my zSP? THX , AND SORRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY

17. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I believe NR750 lies true in the head light range, while the NRZSP is head heavy, although it's also in the same range. But if that is the case, then you're comparing apple and orange.

And if you're looking for head light racquet, why do you go and buy a head heavy one?

So since you already bought the NRZSP, there's no point comparing. Take the advices given to you here and work with the NRZSP.

Of course, you can always buy the NR750 and have the best of both worlds. Then, still, there's nothing to compare! :D

#17 atypical, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  18. yeahehehehe

Thx , but i think i also want the 750 . I have the ZSP for about a month now . I just want a good headlight racket , i was comparing this also to the 800 , what is better?

19. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    It sounds more and more like a matter of improving your skill/technique than the racquet.

I don't think anyone can consider themselves as having too much power! lol Unless of course you're FHF in disguise!

There isn't a better racquet as such, it depends on the individual preferences, ability, technique etc. One person's best racquet may be anothers worst racquet.

20. yeahehehehe

To be honest , my face looks like Fu Hai Feng :D
    I just want to get a headlight racket , havent owned any yet .
    All i have is head heavy , including the ZSP .
    Just want some opinions on the 750 and 800 .
    Just need a headlight one :)