Nanorays , good rackets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eXcore, Oct 8, 2013.

1. eXcore

eXcore Regular Member

Ive been a fan of nanoray series , i just want a new one , a replacement for my NR600 . I just love these light rackets . I want to get some help on getting a new one . My thoughts is on the NR750 . i mainly play doubles at my college.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    they are great yonex rackets

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Seem like a nice upgrade

4. sanredrose

sanredrose Regular Member

Engineer
    I have played with NR700RP + BG65Ti string. I am used to playing with a slight head heavy racquet (Adizero Pro). Initially i found the smashes and drop shots consistently finding the net. Realized after a few games that the racquet frame is lighter than my preferred one. So adjusted my game and started adding a little more swing. It took four games to get the timing right with this racquet. Once you get the timing right, the racquet means business. Net play and mid court rallies were effortless. Smash returns were quite easy as well. Smashes were decent enough to gain a couple of points. Since your shot timing is determining the smash speed, i would say you have sufficient time to recover and play the next shot. This is where i find myself on the weaker side with head heavy racquets. With my adizero pro, i will hit a powerful smash and find myself defending my opponents smash return. However with NR700-RP, i am able to time the smashes beautifully, recover and net kill their smash returns. I think it takes time to develop this skill while using a head heavy racquet esp in a doubles game.

Backhand clears and forehand clears were a problem with this racquet. If you don't get the shot timing right, then you will end up lobbing the bird in to the mid court of the opponent with an ample height for them to smash or net kill it. I think it might have been a little bit due to string as well. I think if you use a Nanogy 98 or 99, which is quite repulsive compared to BG65Ti, you will be able to get better results.

Having said all this, i used this racquet only for a week. I wanted to use one racquet + one string combo for doubles as well as singles, so resorted back to my Adizero pro. Overall Nanoray series is good line up for head-light racquets.

5. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Nanorays are good rackets if you take the front of the court more often. This isn't to say their bad at back-court shots, you just need more emphasis of your shots.