Paint Quality on Bravesword 12

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by brendanlong, Oct 8, 2013.

1. brendanlong

brendanlong Regular Member

Hello,

I have a couple questions about Victor Bravesword 12.

Does anyone else have a bravesword 12 made in china? I just got mine from badminton warehouse (yes I've read the previous posts on them and yes my BS12 is a DE coded) and I noticed the paint is not pristine like a yonex. The innerwave channel starting at 8 o'clock to 4'clock shows where the paint job stops and the innerwave grey area is not a perfect edge. This is my first Victor product so I'm wondering has anyone else noticed this? You can also see the tiniest TINIEST dust like bubbles in the paint (we're talking tiny but just noticeable). I guess I am used to seeing flawless paint jobs on Yonex and was wondering if others have seen this.

My next question is regarding counterfeit measures. Since it's from badminton warehouse and is DE coded should I be assured by the "counterfeit-proof" (per Victor website) that is on the racquet? It did the transformation on the logo under the light.
    Just want to make sure I got a legit racquet.

Lastly, the racquet came pre-strung with VS-850. I've already emailed BW.com but does anyone have an idea what a typical prestrung racquet comes in at? It is not logo painted so it must have been done by the online store.

Thanks

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I don't have a BS12, but Victor's paintjobs and paintquality was never the best. Yonex is a way better and cleaner. If it's DE coded you should have the V hologram sticker. Normally the BS12 isn't pre strung. Maybe the retailer for testing? Don't think to much about that. You will look during playing most time at the net, at the blanket then at your racket. I wish you much fun with your first Victor. :)

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

i agree in regards to the paint job of victor rackets, it's nothing to write home about. yonex paint jobs are way way way better in the sense that the finish on the racket is very very nice. on the other hand, the paint of the victor rackets tend to stay on the racket much longer than that of yonex's. i still haven't gotten a paint chip from a victor racket even when i was training with my superwave35 for about 3 months playing strictly doubles! sorry if this is contradicting.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well naturally. Japanese have been trained from very young airbrushing Gundam models. it only make sense that Japan made rackets have better paint jobs.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    how do you know i love Gundam models too??? :)

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. :)

we should totally talk. i got into it a couple of years back but have been a bit busy lately. very time consuming hobby!

7. sraoo

sraoo Regular Member

Student
    I don't agree. I have a TK-8000 and I've had several paint chips from simply hitting the frame. In my experience, Victor paint quality is rather terrible.

8. 729927852

729927852 Regular Member

The paint on my BS-12 TW-coded is pretty good. The only chips I got were from bad clashes and some ground hits :S. But my Vt-70's paint is beastly... Hit everything and no chips lol.