Are these Shoes OK?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by RatchetRaquette, Oct 8, 2013.

1. RatchetRaquette

RatchetRaquette New Member

Badminton Enthusiast
    I recently became a badminton enthusiast and I was wondering if tennis court shoes would work well for badminton. Also, what is your all's opinions on the best racket I can get cheaply, say... by ordering on Amazon perhaps?

2. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    If you are an badminton enthusiast as you said, why do you want to wear tennis shoe playing badminton. Are you a human, robot or alien, what is your playing style etc. Without proper information, only Martians can help you.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    1. Go for Badmintonshoes.
    2. Their is not only one good racket out there.

Tennis is an expensive hobby and badminton, too. Or did you bought for tennis the cheapest stuff?

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

from my experience with adidas, nike, and babolat tennis shoes, they have a bottom sole that is too tall for badminton footwork. there has been times where i want to save money and use my adidas tennis shoes for badminton and when i move laterally, i would sorta trip when the edge of the sole gets caught on the badminton floor mats. also, the outer sole of a tennis shoe is way harder and a lot less grippier than that of a badminton shoe, which makes footwork a bit more difficult. even when i check out my babolat shoes which uses michelin rubber, it's still not as grippy as my mizuno fangs xt. lastly, tennis shoes are way heavier than badminton shoes, so when i reach the 4th or 5th hour mark on a single session of playing, i get a bit more tired than if i had a pair of light badminton shoes.

i do believe footwork is one of the most important thing, and if there is one equipment that you can buy which will help you improve the most, it would be a pair of appropriate badminton shoes that fits you well!!!

regarding your racket question, i would suggest you to look around and read up on some of the racket reviews or even start a thread on a racket which you can't find reviews for. racket reviews don't belong in this section of the forum and i'm not trying to mean or anything, just that it's organized that way, that's all :)

#4 gundamzaku, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013