I Own Z-force and a Z-slash looking for a new racket to try, Any recomendation?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by slair76116, Oct 9, 2013.

1. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Hi Guys, I haven't been here in some time. So I'm out of touch.

I'm currently using Yonex Z-force and Arc Saber Z-slash.

I prefer the Z-force as I feel it has a faster response without loosing much of the power.

I play only doubles, Cause I'm a Fatso. I'm a hard hitter, I use UM66 at 25Lbs.

I want to try a new racket and was wondering if there is anything else that might suit me playing style.

I work and live in Dubai, So I have very limited access to try new rackets. So that is not an option.

Thank you

2. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
    Well, following your trend, you might want to try the new Nanoray Z-Speed.

3. leonjun

leonjun Regular Member

Student
    Victor MX80 or Yonex Nanoray Z Speed :)

4. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

Since you are using de Z-Force and have the Z-Slash as a backup. I think the VT80 would be a good choice. Somewhere between the Z-Foce and Z-Slash and also head heavy.

What do expect of your new rackets? More power, more speed, easy to handle?

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think the NRZS is a good tweener. If you would try a Victor the MXJJS and BSLYD are great rackets.

6. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I'm not sure exactly which racket suits my style better.

From what I remember using the Z-slash when the racket was just strung it was good on smashes, better than the Z-force but a little slow to recover.

The Z-force was a good balance.

Now I just want to try a new racket, just to see if it's better for my playing style.

I'm experementing here, I have never tried anything other than Yonex rackets.

7. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

If you are experimenting, maybe you can try rackets from other players of your club. If you buy something that doesn't suit you, it would be waste of your money. That's why you should ask yourself what you want from your racket.

Maybe it's the flex of the Z-Slash. The Z-Force is stiffer. You may try the Voltric 80, Arcsaber 10/11 or Armortec 900 Power. These rackets should be near the Z-Force and the Z-Slash. IMO I would not go for a headlight racket.

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yea just get the z speed and be over with :) but seriously, you might want to try other brands, because they are very different. and i wouldn't just rule out light rackets since the only rackets you have are either even balance to head heavy, having a light racket or a head light balance racket might be good.

9. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    The best racket that fits in between of your Z Slash and Z Force would be either a

Gosen Ryoga Shiden (ultra stiff and small oval frame) (racket is hard feeling and paint quality is excellent)

Yonex NanoRay Z-Speed (stiff and has a slightly smaller than convention Z isometric frame) (racket is soft/dampened feeling and paint quality is subpar, slightly better than the Z-Force)

I say try both before making a decision. The Shiden is more stiffer and faster than the Z-Speed, but the oval frame is smaller and narrow, making the sweet spot quite small, so you need time to adjust. I had quite bit of timing issues with the Shiden when I initially purchased it and used it. I had many mishits as well as swings and I hit nothing. The timing issue was contributed by the frame shape, as well as the fast swing speed of the racket.

The Z-Speed had no timing issues at all. I bought it a few weeks ago and got it strung, I play just as well with the Z-Speed as with any other racket I am familiar and comfortable with. The Z-Speed is more user friendly out of these two rackets.

Another great option is the Gosen Ryoga Ougi, but it is sold out in many stores as there were only 1000 pcs made. The Ougi is a little bit less stiff than the Shiden and the frame is easier to get use to. It is just as fast in handling and swing as the Shiden. when I bought my Ougi back in July, my initial use with the racket was not as bad as with the Shiden. Took me around 30 minutes to an hour worth of rally and practice to get used to the Ougi.

#9 mms6a, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  10. FreedomXSL

FreedomXSL Regular Member

I would go with a Victor Metero JJS.