HELP!!! What racquet should I choose????

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by B-Shek, Oct 10, 2013.

1. B-Shek

B-Shek New Member

Student
    Hello! I'm 15 and am an intermediate level player. I play quite regularly at both singles and doubles. When playing doubles I usually play up front. In my (quite short) lifetime I have only used two racquets. But I feel the time has come for me to move onto another one. I have been looking at different racquets, but I just don't know where to start! My current racquet is a Yonex Muscle Power 3 (Medium Flex and 4U). I like the power present in the racquet, but I want a higher degree of control, one which I think may only come from tighter strings and a lighter racquet. My only problem is that I have a budget of £60. What is the best racquet that would be suited to my needs?
    Thank you! :)

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello.:)

I only know a 2U Muscle Power 3. A stiff shaft and higher tension can give you more control. But MP3 is a really crappy racket, so I would recommend something evenbalance to head heavy, midflex to midstiff and 3U.I don't know your level and technique. Go for a Voltric 3. It's a different world when you come from a MP3. It's a good racket for singles and doubles and easy to use. Change the string to a BG65ti @ 22lbs and you will have a really nice racket for your value of money.
    It's slightly head heavy and midstiff. It will help you do clear end to end in singles and don't make you so fast tired like headlight racket. For doubles you can play with this racket at the front and back. Because you are playing also singles a don't recommend a headlight and 4U racket.

3. B-Shek

B-Shek New Member

Student
    That's great! Thanks! Would you by any chance know how much that would amount to?

4. B-Shek

B-Shek New Member

Student
    And also, sorry I meant 2U. :)

5. B-Shek

B-Shek New Member

Student
  6. laksaman57

laksaman57 Regular Member

Retired
    Have recommended the ProAce Titanium 11 to many friends and their feedback is good.
    Difficult to describe its goodness in term of head heavy or tail light. It simply follow your
    stroke comfortably.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hi B-Shek,

the price is around 44 GBP. You can order it from http://www.directbadminton.co.uk/Product.aspx?Category=Direct-Badminton&Dept=badminton-rackets&Section=yonex-badminton-rackets&ProductID=11897&Name=Yonex-Voltric-3-%28Red%29-Badminton-Racket&NavID=276&FromSearchPage=No

Yes, I mean the BG65 Titanium. You can choose the half price stringing update for 6 GBP at direct badminton. So you would get a decent racket with a durable string. Don't look at amazon or this online warehouses. Direct badminton is a good adress to buy badminton stuff.

If you want something more headlight you can choose the Arcsaber 002.

If you have questions, ask here or pm me. :)

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i just played with my arcsaber 002 and am reminded that it's a very forgiving racket. it's a full carbon graphite racket with a flexible shaft. you might want to check it out?