Yonex VOLTRIC 5 vs VOLTRIC Z FORCE

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by khaioo, Oct 12, 2013.

1. khaioo

khaioo Regular Member

I wan to knw whether this two racquet has huge difference in terms of smashing power? ...I have strong arm and an powerfull offensive player...i want to knw whether its possible for me to invest on the voltric z force if there were huge improvements over VT5(mid end range).....any advice would be appreciated thanks !!:):):):):)

2. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Z Force is better , no doubt . Get it if you have the budget( $250 ) . The differences are way too far.
    I would recommend the VT7 than the VT5 though .
    Since you said you have a powerful smashing power (like me) . I would recommend getting an even balanced / headlight racket . Good examples are the BSLYD / BS12 and the Arc8DX / Arc10 . Quite costly though ($250 also)

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I know many people here are looking for the ultimate smashing power but I tell you 3 secrets

1) A good smash is not only powerful, it has a good and steep angle and the right placement. If the angle isn't steep and well placed your opponent can just drive it fast and cross while you are recovering from your huge and heavy smash.

2) Smashing power is not related to a single type of racket. I ahve seen people smashing heavy with a Nanospeed 6000 or Brave Sword 09 or a crappy Wilson racket and other rackets which don't promise the deadly smash. First it's your technique and getting in the right position your optimum string tension and than comes the racket.

3) The smash is not the stroke which makes you winning against everyone. What happen when your smash can be easily returned? Are you there? What about your defence, if your opponent smashs faster and steeper than you? Every advantage which comes from a racket carry a disadvantage.

After all you are comparing apples with oranges. The VTZF is a really head heavy beast if you can handle it but a very demanding racket (3U) in defence and not forgiving. Is the 5% on top of your smash it worth to risk this? The VT 5 is also head heavy racket but a different level of racket.

I think the VT5 is an easier racket than the VTZF which needs the right person to tame it.

4. khaioo

khaioo Regular Member

icic...thanks ! I think i should giv Z Force a try...headlight racquet not really suite my style but its okay i'll try it future

5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    What is your current/previous racket? Maybe you don't need to jump the extreme rackets.:)

6. yeahehehehe

I agree , mid range rackets should do fine

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I would recommend something different than Yonex, but khaioo ask for VT5 and VTZF. Often you will be better off with a tweener which you hardly find in Yonex range. There are alot brands out there which have a different structure of their lines and their rackets perform excellent, too.

8. khaioo

khaioo Regular Member

errr im using VT5 currently ... smashing power is ok... but would thought for higher grade in VTZF haha

9. khaioo

khaioo Regular Member

[MENTION=111540]yeahehehehe[/MENTION] icic...maybe i will try something new ba...coz VT5 i use for almost 2 years ady .....goin for something new

10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    In your OP you wrote you are a powerful and strong player and now the smash power is only ok? :confused: There is something wrong.
    Ok. I think that the ZF won't effect much. Train your upper arm, shoulder, forearm, wrist and abdominal muscles and additional the arm chair expercises from Paul and work on your technique. Buying a ZF will burn a hole in your pocket, you will lose 250$ and will have the feeling you can smash hard as LCW and are a pro.
    If you training 6 hours a week, you will notice a difference in the first month. I promise and this won't be gone when you clash with your partner. ;)

11. yeahehehehe

Any racket between $25 - $130 should suit you fine , i own a $3 dollar Wish racket and im owning people with musclepowers and arcsabers . ;)

12. khaioo

khaioo Regular Member

Hmmm usually i train for around 10 hours per week ... haha and my smashing power can say tat i own everybody in my club... but just wanted to push to the limit of using new racquet Z Force..

errr..since u said the exercise... i will continue to take more harder weighted gym to gain more muscles :)

13. khaioo

khaioo Regular Member

hmmm Okay ....haha and congratz u for that winnings ..;)

14. chocoboc

chocoboc Regular Member

Many times I’ve read badminton players asking for recommendation about buying a new racket for more power, and many times the responses will be, “do more exercise, work on your muscles, or work on your technique, footwork etc, etc…”

No offence to anyone, but if I really wants to do more exercise or work on every part of my muscles, then I’ll go to the gym or a body builder forum. If I want to work on my technique or foot work, then I’ll hire a coach, or goto a technique/foodwork forum. This is a sub-forum “Racket Recommendation/Comparison” and under “Badminton Equipment Forum” correct?

I mean, if I have the muscles and technique like Lin Dan or LCW, then I’ll just buy whatever rackets they are using, it is pointless to ask for advice about RACKET in this “Racket Recommendation/Comparison” forum.

Maybe the Administrator will want to look into this.

15. sanredrose

sanredrose Regular Member

Engineer
    VT ZF vs VT5 is not a fair comparison. VT ZF is an extra stiff racquet, while VT5 has medium flex. Also to note VT5 is made in taiwan and i have found the quality to vary from one piece to another. Made in japan - VT ZF racquet quality has been quite comparable between different pieces.

Having said that both the racquets are quite head heavy and will definitely give an extra 5% in your smash (if your current racquet isn't a head heavy one). However, as per your statement, since you have a strong arm and powerful player either racquet should do fine for you. If possible, try the racquets first before buying them.

16. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Many claim that vtzf is an energy demanding racket. What are the factors that contribute it? Is it due to its head heaviness? Or because of it's stiffness?