Another Racquet recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Chael, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Chael

Chael New Member

I am considering a new racquet and I am looking at two different ones, and different they certainly are.

I am currently looking at purchasing either the Voltric 80 or the Arcsaber 11.

I understand that these are different beasts and let me explain. Firstly, I do not have the opportunity to try before I buy. I have used both the Arcsaber 10 and the AT 900P. I found the Arc 10 a little bit head light (but only a bit) and a bit sort of... average. It was good but I didn't feel like it was quite right for me. I have heard the arc 11 is a bit head heavier and this makes me consider it.

The Voltric 80 catches my attention because I have read a a review stating that it gives a pretty good go at being head heavy but more maneuverable thanks to a more aero frame. I found the AT900P a little slow in this respect.

I play both doubles and singles nearly evenly, I have decent power and not bad net play. Most of my points come from smashes or net shots. I struggle a bit defensively but this is due to my reading of opponent plays and not because of the racquet.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I haven't seen anyone say the balance is different from arc10 to arc11

3. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Pls give us some more of your info, playing level , what kind of rackets do you like , how many years are you playing . Currently based on some of your info, Arcsabers are the way to go . But the older models of arcsabers should do good to you , dont need to empty your pocket .

#3 yeahehehehe, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. visor

visor Regular Member

You're in UK right? Iirc I saw an Adipower Pro for sale second hand in the For Sale forum in UK for quite a good price. That'd be better bet than those 2 rackets you have in mind.

5. Chael

Chael New Member

Visor, I will have a look. Yes I am in the UK.

Playing level is club leave and country wide club leagues. I have been playign in total for around 10 years with some breaks off and on. For most of this I used cheap £20 racquets and a few years ago I purchased the Arc 10, and maybe last year purchased the AT900P.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think the MXJJS or BSLYD are good tweeners. They close the gap between Arsaber and Voltric line. They will be faster than your AT900P and headheavier than your Arc10. They are good and stable rackets.

7. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Try and demo the rackets the first - then you will know which one suits you best.