User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. What is her own forces and weakness, skills and options.
    2. Same with opponent. If you dont know the opponent, apart of the game is to test and find out.
    3. Figure out combinations of strokes that would work, taking 1 and 2 into consideration.
    4. 1-3 keep evaluating on this during the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your idea, even you claimed you're new to badminton. Using expected shots (but good ones that compel your opponent to move) to condition your opponent's mind, and change with disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by dominikk1985 View Post
    I would also say that you cannot only think from point to point. a good player might play a predictable shot in an "unimportant" situation to set the opponent up for a more important situation. that is like poker where you have to get into the opponents mind.

also I can't really speak for badminton since I'm a new player but in tennis where I come from there are generally 2 strategies:

1. going for the open corner letting him run the long way
    2. wrong foot him by hitting the same corner

you have to mix both up (at least in tennis not sure about badminton yet). against a slow opponent often the open corner will be better while sometimes against a guy with a quick recovery taking the shot early and hit the same corner again is a good strategy to catch him off guard. but you still need to mix up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2