BT Feather or Gel Blade 4?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by London_Player, Oct 16, 2013.

1. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Recovering from ankle injury so need a shoe with excellent cushioning and support for my ankle. I prefer the BT Feather, which has a nice colour design and heel stabiliser, plus there are many positive feedbacks from owners. This shoe is not even available on display at flagship Adidas store in London so unable to try it on.

Went to ASICS main store and tried Gel Beyond, Gel Progressive and Gel Blade 4.

Progressive felt tight in mid foot area and felt uncomfortable, Beyond was better and lighter but has high platform, which is a risk twisting my feet when lounging. Blade 4 felt the best of the trio. Most comfortable and has low profile but the colour is plain dull. In addition, Blade 4 does not have forefoot gel cushioning, which is strange.

Never bought Adidas shoe for Badminton before but neither ASICS but at least they're associated with indoor sports, always bought Yonex. BT feather owners please give your feedback, can't try the damn shoes because no store sells them, and have to order on-line.

2. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Further to my post, I got both of them. BT Feather feels bit tight, for my UK size 8, as I have a wide feet.

I measured my feet this morning, the widest point is nearly 10cm. As the BT is not wide enough and feels uncomfortable, I'm returning it. Also I got Blade 4, tried out at home and surprisingly feels tight as well, but not as tight as the BT. So I'm going to give Blade 4 try today for my usual Badminton doubles session and see how it goes.

Do people know which Asics indoor shoe has wider fit and might look at current Yonex range? The shoe is not the problem, I don't think, it's my wide feet.

3. kimmo88

kimmo88 Regular Member

Gel blast 5