VTZF 4u G4 vs G5?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by abans, Oct 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    Hi!
    I am planning on buying a VTZF 4u. I currently use a arcSaber zs 4u g5. I had to put 3 over grips on it before the racket felt comfortable for me. I feel that this has changed the balance the of the racket and my smashes are poorer as a result (just a feeling).

As I am looking through buying options, it seems g5 is more available than a g4. I am concerned that I will have to put 3 over grips again and it will change the head heavy nature of this racket esp since I am planning to get 4u (mostly play doubles hence 4u).

I would like to get your opinions on g4 vs g5. What do you think I should do?

2. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

you should get G4.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The changing of the balance point don't effect the swingweight in the head. It will still be the same, the shaft will be the same and aerodynamics will be the same. Do you have such big hands? 3 Overgrip will change the overall weight which is not good, because IMO 3 Overgrips is too much. Go for the g4. On the other hand, maybe you are used to a too big grip. Smaller grips give better control, better possibility to use finger power and IMO a better feeling. Take a look a huge international players. They use nearly the same grips and sizing like smaller players. Give only one overgrip a try.

4. swunk

swunk Regular Member

3 overgrips??? on the stock grip?
    i have rather large hands and once tried 2 overgrips on the stock one on g5 handle. Just a little too much but what's worst is that you cant feel the profile of the handle which makes it difficult to control the shots.
    G4 with 1 overgrip is perfect for me, you should definitely get a G4 and then maybe think again about the number of overgrips u use ) stick to one )

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There is no such thing as a 4U Arcsaber Z-Slash(?) ... but yeah you should definitely get a G4. Shouldn't be to hard to find in a european store. Would assume the CD coded also has it ...

#5 demolidor, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  6. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    Thanks for the comments. It makes sense to get G4. I certainly hope I won't have to put more than 1 over grip on it.
    Onto finding someone who sells 4ug4's!