N90iii vs N55iii

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by orberen, Oct 18, 2013.

1. orberen

orberen Regular Member

Ok my old racket just broke and I've been looking for a more head heavy racket to replace it. I play both singles and doubles (concentrate a bit more on doubles though) and play an aggressive style of play in singles and doubles.

I've been doing research on these two rackets and not sure what the main difference between the two besides the N55iii having a slightly higher balance point

Can someone inform me between these two rackets!

2. orberen

orberen Regular Member

Thanks, I've read these threads already though. I would like someone's input who has tried out both rackets if possible for a good comparison!

3. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i wrote my input there since i own both... just don't know what to add.
    the sad thing is that the rackets are expensive and there's a risk to play them in doubles game especially with an unreliable partner. my n55-iii is already gone (

4. orberen

orberen Regular Member

Thanks again! Apparently my browser only loaded the first half the page last time on the thread you linked to me. So from what I read it seems like the N90iii would probably be better overall for doubles since it is less head heavy and easier manuverbility then the N55iii?

Yea I'm just worried about buying either one cause of breaking them in doubles as well =/ clashes seem to happen once in a while well I play no matter how careful I am (always when me and my partner try to retrieve the same smash)

Been debating for a month to pull the trigger on a N90 or 55 but now that one of my rackets has broken I'll be needing a new racket to replace it.

5. swunk

swunk Regular Member

yes n55-iii feel pretty head-heavy so you must have a strong wrist to engage well in fast flat game. n90-iii is no nanospeed too. Both rackets are good if you're mostly a backcourt player.
    as for me, i'm going to use n90-iii very rarely for doubles, i've ordered myself a much cheaper (and supposedly faster) mx-jjs for that, it's due to arrive in a couple of weeks. You should look into it if you have a chance and also into bslyd, which is very nice indeed.