User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry folks, genetically modified ducks are coming. There will be a mass production of GMO ducks for making feather shuttles and they will be able to withstand a 500km smash. Best of all, it will be cheaper.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. here in south east asia, its weird to play with nylon shuttle. a good high end shuttle such as RCL Classic cost around RM 50++ per tube ( equivalent to USD 18++) wheas 3 pieces of nylon cost about the same. and totally the feel of feather shuttle is far superior and satisfied as compared with nylon

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you said "here in south east asia" but your location is Afghanistan

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would dismiss any conspiracy theory.

The margin is so damn low on shuttles that you'd think they would do anything to find a more cost effective way to produce more durable shuttles.

The prices that everyone pays for their shuttles (which always come directly from a distributor, and not a retailer) is the "cost" price for retailers. That means retailers try to sell as low as possible and most often don't make any money on those items.

Also, when distributors offer discounts on their stuff, it never applies on shuttles, because their margin is very bad (usually less than 10-15%). At best, they'll offer you a 0.5/1$ discount for huge amount of shuttles.

So we know that retailer and distributor margins are terrible, which leaves the manufacturer. I doubt that their margin is good because there is a maximum price that the market is ready to pay for shuttles, and to make the distribution system healthy, the margin for distributors has to be decent.

Imo, it's in their best interest of making shuttles that do as good as feather shuttles but for better prices and durability.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    I use both AS40/AS50 and Mavis 2000 every session our group play ... Mavis 2000 for warm-up and practise and AS40/50 for games ... all are Yonex's top-end in the respective categories and yes, there is a difference - not so much in terms of flight or mechanics but in terms of FEEL. When you hit the feather shuttle, the feedback through the racquet is totally different from plastic.

However, haveing said that, I will say Mavis 2000 is about as good as AS30.
    i'm surprise you didn't mention your racket as a contributing factor to the feel of the shuttle :P

but damn, as40/as50, that's upwards of $35USD per tube. even if i want to use it, no one else in the club i play in would be willing to pay that much for a tube, and as a result, it would not be cost effective for me to buy them and use them. but i might look into mavis 2000, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've recently heard about the Ashaway Bird 2 nylon shuttles that are apparently meant to emulate feather shuttles. Check the link out: http://www.centralsports.co.uk/produ...thetic-shuttle i'd be interested for any comments from anyone who's used them?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a Bird2 thread here about the shuttles. Still waiting on word of it in the US and whether there's a yellow available to try out.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re Bird2, try contacting your regional Black Knight or Ashaway distributor to see if they can source it. But being in the market trial phase, it may be difficult to get and may be quite expensive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    you said "here in south east asia" but your location is Afghanistan
    what is wrong with being sarcastic bro. is there anyone play badminton at afganistan perhaps? somehow i dont know how to edit the profile. i live in malaysia though. whereby the court is located close among another. and there are many people who play badminton too. just throw stones to any of the dudes here. for sure some of it will land on the head of the people who play it

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing wrong with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2