International Student Badminton Tournament

Discussion in 'UK' started by andymcg, Jan 21, 2004.

1. andymcg

andymcg Regular Member

Software Engineer
    International Student Tournament

Once again, I am part of a team organising an international student badminton tournament, in Newcastle, England in April 2004. Last year we had over 110 players from all over Europe, and the tournament was a huge success. This year, we hope to make it even bigger.

The tournament is played over 3 days and uses a swiss ladder system to ensure everyone gets lots of games. There will be 4 categories of play, ranging from D (beginners) to A (international and top regional players). Players enter 2 events in their chosen category, and each player can expect to play 5-6 rounds in each event, plus semi finals and finals if they perform well.

The tournament will run from 14th April (arrival in afternoon/evening) - 18th April (departure of players). The entry fee covers play, accommodation, entertainment and food for the duration of the tournament, although you do have to bring your own shuttles.

Visit our website for more information, and if you are interested have a look at the pictures from the 2003 event:

www.isbt.org.uk

Entries will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so get your entries in soon if you are interested!

#1 andymcg, Jan 21, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  2. Pak Hou

Pak Hou Regular Member

Student
    Damn!

Oh POO, htat sounded really good aswell, and I just joined that sounded like an excellent tournament are you thinking of organising anymore like in essex? Just a thought (Knudge Knudge Wink Wink)

3. Courbet

Courbet Regular Member

Haha schucks I missed that tournament. Boo!

I looked at the people who took part list and I must say it sounds very impressive, players from germany, check rep, england et al etc.

Hope there will be another such tournament next year around the same time!

I go to De Montfort Uni in leicester at the mo, but I never joined the badminton club there as my fav social club in Oakham plays the same night.