APACS Virtuoso vs Lethal

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drmchsraj, Oct 21, 2013.

1. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

I'm an intermediate, singles+doubles, more of a defensive/control player. I play regularly and want to become more aggresive (offense and smashing more) and try bats that generate more power to that effect.

My current choices are the APACS Virtuoso and APACS Lethal series. Can anyone :
    i) tell me how they differ from each other?
    ii) which is a better make and model in these series?
    iii) what would you recommend for ME?

Please post your suggestions, they're much appreciated. I want to make this decision based on your inputs and buy it in a week.

Thanks in advance :)!

2. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    It's pretty hard to compare the entire lineup to another lineup since both lineup have cost/effective rackets with quality $$$ ones. As for me I'm in the same sorta position and I've been looking at the lethal 85 and the Virtuoso performance along with the Slayer 88.

I'm generally looking for even balance and medium stiff + goodies for specs and if your like me that's where I'd aim. But try as many rackets as you can and look up their specs. I recently tried the yonex nanospeed 2000 which is headlight and loved it. Good all round racket that was a little flexy but solid feel.

The best rackets in the series just to answer the question are the Lethal 70 and assuming the Virtuoso Pro. Look at the Tantrum 200/300 too as it's highly praised. All these rackets are stiff though so as an intermediate like me you may or may not want it that way. I use a Muscle power 100 at the moment and it's a bit too stiff for me but is great for control shots due to stiffness.

2 cents hope it helps a bit /shrug

3. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

Thanks for the prompt reply, magicmeatbag!!

I feel like experimenting a bit right now ;), and I'm not sure how long this phase will last so I want to try something cheap quick
    I'll narrow it down: Finapi 88/xx VS virtuoso 50 VS Featherweight 100&200 vs Lethal 50.
    What would you guys suggest - I'm going for feel, durability, money worthiness/value for money.
    Thank you :)!

4. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Just bought the Tantrum 500 and had my first session yesterday and the racket is great.

5. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

good to hea, thanks.. where you are, is APACS offering free kitbag (backpack type?)+string+grip for all models? Or is it select models only?

Somehow the dealer I'm dealing with only has limited models. Esp Finapi, Featherweight, Virtuoso, Lethal. He says he has to wait a few months for stock to come in, I don't want to wait that long. So far, he said he has good success with Lethal 50 & Virtuoso 50 & Featherweight. I wonder if he's just trying to get rid of that stock to get new and better models, so I'm lookin forward to hearing your reviews on those rackets as they'd help me make the right choice a lot.

Once again: I'm going for durability and feel also. Although my intended play style is aggressive, I can alter my playing style if the bat is worth it. Which would you prefer among the three?

6. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    I dunno man. If your saying you want "feel" with an aggressive style I'd generally lean towards heavier rackets in the 85g - 90g range with a slight top heaviness to them. Those kind of rackets will have greater momentum when you swing them generally speaking. So Lethal 50 from what I read would be closest to that imo.

Of course I could just be talking out of my ass when it comes to all this as I haven't actually tried the rackets your looking at. So again /shrug.

7. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

no problemo, what you said makes good sense :).
    If we were to disregard feel and go for durability + defensive play, can anyone rank those rackets?
    thanks!

8. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Well If it means anything I just bought a virtuoso performance and will see how that does when I get it :). But as I understand it in general defensive play comes down to how quick you can move your racket and how well you can control the counter from your opponents smash. So Id stick the featherweight at the top of that list and lethal 50 at the bottom because of its headweight and weight in general lol.

again 2 cents /shrug.

9. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

Congrats on your new racket, [MENTION=113499]Magicmeatbag[/MENTION]! Do post your review here once you spend enough time with ur latest acquisition :)

and yeah, I know what you mean. I TRIED playing today after a few days break, and - forget the racket - I myself felt head-heavy and bottom-weak lol..it took me forever to move across court during rallies. I guess during those days, having a lighter bat will help with faster movements/manoeuvrability and in deflecting the opponents' shots, as you mentioned.

oh, another thing - the Featherweight looks toooo smooth and 'sensitive' - as in easily damageable. Can anyone tell me if the shaft/frame are durable and strong enough for decent playtime/on-court damage (scratches etc) and occasional rough use?

10. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

*bump* (for those subscribed to or following this thread....
    I've eliminated Virtuoso (the 50) from the shortlist, as it feels a lil soft and too flexy for me. maybe some time in the future.
    Currently fixated on the AVP, Lethal 12, Finapi 8. Any recommendations? Thanks! :)

11. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Avp......

The quality is there and definitely isn't too flexy lol. Not too stiff either.

And I think it's still 50% off at sportshorizon..... VERY good bargain imo.

#11 Magicmeatbag, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  12. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

checking it out... but i've a question in the meanwhile.. i've been seeing the discount for a long time now..are they trying to get rid of their (AVP) stock?? if it's a good racket there won't be such a long promo period, am i wrong? *shrugs*

13. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    No idea. I think the promo is based off what apacs wants not the store. I mean it is christmas so why not /shrug.