Stringing Machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by lydyys, Oct 21, 2013.

1. lydyys

lydyys Regular Member

Hi all, im looking to purchase my first stringing machine.

Just to note:
    - I normally get my rackets strung at 28lbs
    - My strings will snap between 1-3 weeks of use
    - I Intend to string for personal use (and on some occasions for my friends - so will perhaps string 1-2 rackets per week)
    - My budget is around $500 AUD

I've read through the threads and it seems that eagnus isn't a very reliable brand? I've considered pro pro's challenger:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pros-Pro...290735497922?pt=UK_Tennis&hash=item43b12fa2c2

Any further input as to what other stringing machines I could consider would be greatly appreciated!

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
  3. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

4. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    For budget of AUD$500 there's not much choices on the market for as anything you buy will have to be imported and the shipping cost will be significant - assuming you are in Oz.

Best you confirm with the eBay seller if the clamps (and tools if any are provided) are suitable for badminton strings, as one of my friends recently bought a similar type of unit (different manufacturer) from the US to discover the clamps were not suitable for stringing badminton racquets! Costs for proper clamps can be significant, especially if you require a number of them for high-tension stringing.

Recently went thru the same exercise myself for my 2nd machine. Folks in NA are spoilt for choices as shipping within NA is reasonable!

#4 hew128, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013