Yonex Voltric Z-Force/ 9 Comparison.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KyMurr, Oct 21, 2013.

1. KyMurr

KyMurr Regular Member

Hey, so I have an opportunity to get either of these rackets, one being bought off a friend (Z-Force) or a brand new VT9.

I was wondering, if anyone has used both, how much the weight difference would be, and how much harder the swing would be between them.

I'm a singles player, with a fairly strong smash, but I'm looking to come back to using head heavy rackets, as opposed to my Nanospeed 100 at the moment.

My big concern is with the VTZF, is that it might actually be a little bit too heavy to use, or keep using over a long period of time, where as the VT9 won't be quite as stressful on the arm for extended periods of time.

So yeah, any help would be great, thanks!

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO it's a huge jump, coming from a NS100 and deciding to switch to a VTZF or VT9. IMO the VTZF is the most extreme racket when it comes to stiff and head heavy rackets. This could be too much for you. The VT9 is also headheavy and stiff and a different beast than the ZF.
    If you consider all rackets as 3U version. The VT would slow down your defence alot. I think the Arc11 is not such a extreme jump coming from a really headlight and flexible racket.

3. KyMurr

KyMurr Regular Member

Ah, I feel like the jump from the NS100 to the VT9 wouldn't be too bad though, it's a little less head heavy than the VTZF. It's just having the option to get either would be good, but I'm gonna try out the VTZF next sunday, so I'll make my call then!

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

If you have the chance, test everything you can get ;) And then end up here again with a new comparison thread :D

5. HardSmasher

HardSmasher Regular Member

Senior Engineer
    It is dangerous to stay together with all forumers because you will be influenced to test more racquets than needed...lol