Anyone used the Voltric 9?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by KyMurr, Oct 22, 2013.

1. KyMurr

KyMurr Regular Member

So I'm interested in buying the VT9, but I haven't gotten a chance to try it or anything.

I'm a singles player, with an aggressive style, but I like to rely a lot on consistent clears to the backhand corner from everywhere. Coming from a NS100, I feel like it will be a lot easier to clear and smash due to the weight being primarily at the head.

If anyone has used the VT9, some opinions on it would be fantastic!

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Im probably the exactly the same thing as you , Im still using ns 100 & but note you know how voltric 9 is rated stiff? And the ns 100 is rated flexible? It's more opposite I bent the voltric 9 with my hands and wow the amount it bent was incredible :0 it was really flexible , but it is more head heavy it can be more power ful!

3. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    My badminton partner used to use vt9 and I would say that's quite a good choice for single play style if u are looking at the mid range racquets. The head heaviness was rather surprising when I measure it. It goes up to bp300 with a pu grip on. Clear was easy and smashes also give a pact of a punch. However the racquet was rather too flexible from what I feel... When doing a drop feel rather strange to me too. Perhaps I just got used to stiff racquets..

just my 2 cents

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    my father had a nanospeed3000 i bought him a few years back, he complaint about not getting enough power, so i bought him a voltric 9 and he's enjoying every bit of the power from that racket. unfortunately, he's skinny and kinda old now, so he does get tired after a few games. if you're over 60 years of age, you might want to rethink your decision and maybe get an even balance racket. :)

i've swung the voltric9 a few times and i think it's a very decent racket with a decent feel, doesn't feel cheap like the nanoray20 or nanospeed80 or voltric3. it feels solid and very well communicated when striking a shuttle. i had it strung with bg80power @ 22x23lbs. strings were too loose for me but since it's for my dad, i didn't mind.

i have another friend at the club where i played switched from a carbonex 8600ti to the voltric 9 and he loves it. with everything being the same, he really like it that the racket is giving him that extra power to hit his clears to get him out of a jam during a game :p

5. KyMurr

KyMurr Regular Member

Ah, awesome thanks. I'm 16, so I don't think the muscle endurance will be an issue!

6. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Nanospeed80, new release?

7. dominikk1985

dominikk1985 Regular Member

clinical science
  8. gundamzaku

working professional
  9. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Now he knows :p

10. gundamzaku

working professional
    no, it came out a couple years ago, it's an aluminum head frame with a carbon graphite shaft racket. it was fun for about 5 minutes, then the fun was gone since i hated the feel. can't replicate the Blacken i guess.