Racket recommendation, pls help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Kinderbijbel, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Kinderbijbel

Kinderbijbel Regular Member

student
    Hi there,

I would like to have à new racket that will suit my needs. The reason why i would like all of your input is to enlarge the possibilities to play with. So could you please help me with as much rackets that Mayer be possible?

As for my playing style. I would like to consider myself as à experienced player who favoures mens singles and doubles. I am à controling type of player who likes to control the rally with injected fast paced shots like attacking clears, fast dropshots and stick smashes. I like to move towards the net.
    as for doubles i prefer to dominate from rear court with the Same style as my singles, controling and then going out with big bangs.

My weakness is more in footwork then technical skills.

I have player with many rackets so i don't have à particular racket brand in favoures.

Right now i play with à nanoray z-speed. Before that i played with the victor Mx 70, 80.

2. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    1 - singles and doubles both advantaged from different racquet characteristics. There are no racquet best for both singles and doubles. Unless u go for an allround racquet.

2 - A racquet won't compensate your weakness in footworks.

3 - U have friends with many racquets, I would recommend you to get ur hands on as many of those racquets and see which 1 u favor most. Trust me, it will be more effective than u asking for suggestions here.

4 - Get a right racquet for urself, not a "wow" racquet.

5 - Forgive my rudeness :rolleyes:

Edit: 6 - Suggestion - stick with ur MX80 if u can handle it well. Perform well in both singles and doubles and its one of the best piece made by Victor IMHO.

#2 ikki9394, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i guess we would like to know what you want from a racket that the ones you've played with can't give you. but without you answer this question, i will guess that because of your experience you probably have pretty good technique in hitting so i would suggest a victor bravesword racket, which ever one is the stiffest, bravesword LYD maybe? i am assuming that you were able to handle the stiffness of the MX80. i would think the zspeed can give you the speed already, and maybe you just wanted a bit more power?

but most importantly, work on your footwork first :)

4. Kinderbijbel

Kinderbijbel Regular Member

student
    hi there ikki.

i would like to comment on the following points you make.
    1. In Holland you play all three disciplines in a competition match against a other team it's important for me to have a racket who will peform in both situations (singles as doubles) reasonbly well.

2. i know that a racket won't make up my footwork skills but it can tell you something that the racket needs to be maybe more forgiving when i am in need due my lack of footwork.

4. i am not trying to get a 'wow' racket but in Holland i can only get easy acces to three maybe four brands (Yonex, Carlton, Forza and Victor). i like to see as much advice from you guys instead of narrowing my view by my thoughts only.

5. for sure i will forgive you. A discussion is useless with only one opinion. :p

To comment on point number 2. I have a good friend who ownes a racketshop so i can test more then enough rackets.

To conclude. I would like to have input from you guys as well just like to widen my view.

I am currently looking at the following rackets:
    - yonex as 8 dx
    - yonex as 11
    - victor bs 10, 11, lyi
    - victor MX 60 (didn't like 70 or 80)
    - carlton VPT, VPE
    - forza Ti 8000
    - babolat x-feel blast or power
    - thwack dragonfire
    - goosen ??
    - apacs ??
    - adidas ??

5. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    Alright, if thats the case I'd suggest u go for an all-round racquet. Since a singles racquet will usually lack of speed while a speedy racquet are usually head light which make a little bit diffucult for a single play style.

Since u need a more forgiving racquet, then forget the head heavy and stiffer ones. Just go for a mid flex and even balance racquet.

U can try these racquet out if u had a chance to.

Victor MX60
    Victor BS12
    Yonex arc 7/10/11
    forza kevlar 7000
    ti-10 gen 2
    Kason F9
    Apac Visible hollow 1800
    Apac lethal 90
    Gosen Shiden
    etc.

Good luck

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    BS11 is flexible to me, so it's not a "fast" racket.

vapourtrail tour is a medium flex racket to me, so it's also not a "fast" racket, but a great allround racket, if that's what you're looking for.