Tyger vs. Target vs. Pro's Pro

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ucantseeme, Oct 25, 2013.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hey guys,

I narrowed down my decision of buying a drop weight stringing machine. These are the candidates:

- Tyger StringEco 45
    - Target Premium Stringer
    - Pro's Pro Challenger

I noticed difference in side supports and side mounting (one vs. two screws). Which would be the best bang for my bugs (300€)?

I read that the Pro's Pro don't have decent clamps? What about the clamps from Tyger and Target? Are these better? Please share you experience. :) I want a machine without buying new clamps and side supports and end up with 400€. Which machine would be a good starter kit? I will string only my own rackets at tensions around 30lbs.

Thanks.

#1 ucantseeme, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Edit: Premium Stringer 3600

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    They're pretty much all the same.

The Tyger has better side supports and the Target has a self centering mounting system (SC). The SC system helps making the mounting process easier and faster and is generally considered better. I personally like it a lot, but I do sometimes prefer the separated knobs for the side supports. In the case that the supports dont quite fit perfectly on the racket for some reason (deformed racket or bent stringing machine arms), the separate knobs will offer better support. After all, your racket is already centered when you mount it with the head/throat supports.

So basically, I'd say just get the cheapest ones from these three if these are your choices.

4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    [MENTION=75572]yan.v[/MENTION]

Thank you. :)

I read that the pro's pro has awful fixed clamps. So I need to upgrade? I heard that the Tyger and Target comes from the same factory.
    The Tyger and Target cost exactly the same but what is the better default package? The seperate Knobs and V supports should be better than the K's? I think I will buy Michal Chudek's custom supports in the near future.

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    You'll need to buy separate badminton fixed clamps for all 3 machines, so fixed clamps are a non factor. And I wouldnt be surprised if all 3 machines came from the same factory (I'm pretty sure they do actually).

If you're gonne buy Michal's supports, I'd go with the Pro's pro or the Target. Pro's Pro because it's already been tested and used here by a lot of people, so we know it's good enough. Target because of the SC system. You get to choose :)

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Some shops here which sells the Pro's Pro and the Target offer a free upgrade from tennisclamps to badmintonclamps. So I don't need to buy clamps. For the Tyger I can also get a upgrade with only a few bugs on top.