Well, many upsets happenned last night, the most shocking is world #1 mighty Chinese Wang/Yu stopped by unseeded INA WD Maheswari/Polii also reigning world Champ Ahmad/Natsir succumbed to Adcock/White.
The semifinal round will start on 03.00pm local time, using 2 courts, TV court matches :
1) Gideon Markus Fernaldi/Markis Kido (INA) v Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan (CHN)
2) Eriko Hirose (JPN) v Porntip Buranaprasertsuk (THA)
3) Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam (THA) v Xu Chen/Ma Jin (CHN)
4) Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii (INA) v Bao Yixin/Tang Jinhua (CHN)
5) Lee Chong Wei (MAS) v Kenichi Tago (JPN)
MAS has booked final ticket through MD discipline, Koo KK/Tan BH v Hoon TH/Ong SH, surprising result here.
Excellent performance by English XD pair en route to last four, will they create surprise once again to beat Olympic Champion today?
It is a pleasant surprise that HTH/TWK managed to oust LYD/YYS yesterday. I don't think they can beat KKK/TBH though. You need to play aggressive to beat them like GVS/LKW, and HTH/TWK doesn't seem to have that sort of gameplay. However, I do still root for them, especially for TWK to finally show his potential.
Markis Kido is back! We could witness a flash of his brilliance in front of the net - the one he used to display back then when he was paired with Hendra Setiawan! It seems that he wants to prove Hendra that he could still be a top-notch pair as well, a healthy competition